'Origin' of Your User Name

Tratyn Runewind

First Post
Hello!

Posted by Turlogh:
Mine is a fairly obscure character from the writings of R.E. Howard.

I always kind of wondered whether you were named for the famous Irish bard, Turlough O'Carolan. I've heard a little of his work on Chieftains albums. Here is a page with some info on him. Perhaps it'll inspire you to have more fun with the Bard class... :)

Posted by John Smallberries:
John Yaya and John Bigbutte were unavailable.

Posted by Mr Fidgit:
Big Booty!

Boo-TAY! TAY, TAY, TAY! *POW*... ;)

Posted by Mondain:
Mondain is a Dark Lord in Ultima I.

Ah, the classics. Had a lot of fun with your skull in Ultima IV, though it cost me a lot of my virtues... :D

My own handle is that of a fictional fictional character from an old but amusing gaming-related novel. Any of the Old Gaming Hands around here remember which one? (Yes, I know Googling on my handle will get the answer almost instantly...)

Anyway, fun thread... :)

kegger

First Post
oragin of user name

The name started in college. Got it from one of my fraternity brothers. (if anyone interested the frat is Alpha Phi Delta). At first it was because I looked a little like a keg, not that I could drink one. But by the time I graduated, well......

Worst part was it was a dry campus. Gannon University, in Erie, the mistake on the lake. Or as some call it, Dreary Erie.

Horacio

LostInBrittany
Supporter
Piratecat said:
I have 1.75 cats. The .75 of a cat is often referred to as Tripod or by his Indian name, "Dances with Chevys." The lack of a leg spawned the inevitable comparison to a pirate.

Now, picture him with a hook and an eyepatch, and you're good to go!

Cute story, Pkitty :)

My user name is simple my given name. Well, technically my second given name...

Ramón Horacio "two given names, two family names" González García

bwgwl

First Post
Piratecat said:
I have 1.75 cats. The .75 of a cat is often referred to as Tripod or by his Indian name, "Dances with Chevys." The lack of a leg spawned the inevitable comparison to a pirate.

Now, picture him with a hook and an eyepatch, and you're good to go!
i'm glad i'm not the only one here who's named after their cat. :)

randomling

First Post
Ahh... now, this is where I wish I'd picked the user name with an interesting history. But I was getting bored of it, I've used it since I was 16 and it doesn't really feel me-ish any more.

I'm quite into all thing surreal and odd and random - and have a habit of sitting in chat rooms and being deeply weird at people. So when I signed on to MSN I decided I wanted a new name and that was randomite. Just meaning, person who is random.

Tallarn has taken to calling me "randomling" - which I prefer. But I can't change it now! :(

Gryphon

First Post
I flew in a world war two flight sim called Air Attack years ago and required a suitable name. After a few false starts, I turned to the name of one of my favourite beasts and a heraldric protector of the realms.

A Griffin but someone had that name so I took Gryphon instead. I soon became [Sith]Gryphon when I joined the dark jedi squadron, and finally [Jedi]Gryphon when I was turned to the light.

Over two years or so (longer think)I even became CO of the squadron and a top 50 pilot in the european rankings, moderator, administrator, known online here in the uk and across in the US and the other countries playing like Germany Australia etc etc(It took over my life lol, I would be still playing but the game died).

So after being called Gryphon on line and over the phone by my squad m8's I became Gryphon.

I had a superhero character named Gryphon a long time ago but I don't think it made a difference.

Most of my email addies were gryphon based and basically I am Gryphon when on line.

ColonelHardisson

What? Me Worry?
KnowTheToe said:
Well my original handle was CamelToe. That came from the ramblings of a DJ named Johnathon Brandmeyer (SP?). He was always bringing up CamelToe, Mooseknuckle etc (you know wedgy's in the front.) Then one day he brought up a website http://www.Cameltoe.org. About that same time I found out about Erics site and became a Lurker. Why does that sound so dirty?

Well after a few hundred posts, people thought my name was offensive, So I changed it, after all it was just for fun. Now I am KnowTheToe, which is the catchphase of the above website. I even bought a T-shirt which I only wear to Cons and Chicago game day.

I remember that. Everytime I saw you post, "Camel Toe Annie," a theme song for a character on Conan O'Brien, ran through my head...

shadow

First Post
Do any of you old-timers remember Super Nintendo. (Yes that was before the days of CD based systems!) There was this old game called Final Fantasy 3. I've always been a big Final Fantasy fan, but FF3 for Super Nintendo has always been my favorite. Anyway, the game featured a mysterious Ninja/Assassin Character known only as Shadow. Being the quintissential mystery man, he quickly became my favorite character.

Remove ads