'Origin' of Your User Name

James McMurray

First Post
My father was working as a dispatcher for the Fort Worth Police Department. One of his buddies was shot on duty, and I inherited that man's name. My father's last name was McMurray, and thus my username was born before I was.

HalfElfSorcerer

First Post
My first ever character was a half-elven sorcerer. I thought it fit my personality - confused, spontaneous, egotistic, and crazy. I used it when I first signed up at Eric Noah's page, and I've kept it. If your wondering about my sig, it was a running gag in a campaign I played in.

trentonjoe

Explorer
Mine is my karaoke stage name. WHile at least it was. I was the coolest cat in town, chics digged me, and sang every day but D&D night. I rocked venues in such booming metropolises like: East Windsor, Lawrencville, New Brunswick, and of course Trenton, NJ.

I have since grown up a little, gotten fat, and developed high chlosterol. Every know and then I still see my old albums in small second hand record shops in the greater Trenton area. Trenton Joe Jr.: Live and Drunk orTrenton Joe Redoes the '80's,no w they bring tears to my eyes when I think of missed opportunities. I could have been the 1st Kelly Clarkson if someon had just given me a chance.

dumadum, dumadumadum,dumadum, dumadumadum, dumadum, dumadum, Sweeeeet Caroline!!!

Taboo

First Post
Ok, I'll play along, too.

I got Taboo back in the days I could still afford and actually had time to read Image comics, of course that was a long time ago!

I stole the name from one of my favorite characters and it stuck. Plus, it kinda fits.:D

Neo said:

Yeah wasn't it the Universal Greeting from said movie?
It's actually the special command phrase to keep Gort (the robot) from blowing up earth. Patricia Neal's character has to rush over and say it so he won't destroy the planet? Klaatu is the name of the alien who gave her the instructions.

There is an interesting comparison of the movie to a famous religious figure here.

And to get this thread back on topic, my screen name comes from my first Living Greyhawk character. Barendd is right out of the player's handbook. Since he is a dwarf with no beard, he took the surname Nobeard.

Thyrkill

Explorer
My sig. is actually my middle name. Thyrkill is an Anglo Saxon ancestor on my mother's side...apparently he was a mighty warrior-chieftan. Unfortunately, my sister got named after another ancestor...Dagmar. She's been bitter ever since :)

Matt

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases