'Origin' of Your User Name

Impeesa

Explorer
Mine comes from an obscure african dialect. Lord Baden-Powell, founder of the Scouting movement, so impressed the natives with his skills while stationed there that he earned the nickname Impeesa - "The wolf who never sleeps." I liked it better than his other nickname among their people, Kantankye ("He of the big hat"). ;)

--Impeesa--

Silver Moon

Adventurer
User Name

Our weekly gaming group is the party known as the Silver Moon Adventurers. As I am the group's founder and primary DM it seemed like a good name to use. Now for the shameless plug, a recent campaign of the gaming group, set in the Forgotten Realms Orient, is posted on Story Hour under the thread title "Chinese Take-out".

Sanackranib

First Post
name

Thyrkill said:
My sig. is actually my middle name. Thyrkill is an Anglo Saxon ancestor on my mother's side...apparently he was a mighty warrior-chieftan. Unfortunately, my sister got named after another ancestor...Dagmar. She's been bitter ever since :)

Matt

Thats harsh! I thought my brothers had it rough with Alfred, Herbert and Zachery

ColonelHardisson

What? Me Worry?
Barendd Nobeard said:
It's actually the special command phrase to keep Gort (the robot) from blowing up earth. Patricia Neal's character has to rush over and say it so he won't destroy the planet? Klaatu is the name of the alien who gave her the instructions.

Yep. And I posted about that on this very page, before the poster you responded to posted. I must be on a lot of ignore lists... ;)

Gez

First Post
Jolly Giant said:
As to my own username, it used to BFG. That came from a Roald Dahl children's book called 'The BFG (Big, Friendly Giant)'. Since absolutely nobody knew what BFG stood for, I changed it to Jolly Giant.

Having not been a children in the USA, to me, BFG is the Big F**kin' Gun from Doom. Ah, Doom...

Klaatu B. Nikto

First Post
[OT] Universal Greeting

Neo said:

Yeah wasn't it the Universal Greeting from said movie?

The only universal greeting that comes to mind is the one from Transformers: the Movie.

'Ba weep grana weep ninny bon.' (spelled somewhat phonetically)

Atavar

First Post
Atavar

My screen name is from a character I played in a Greyhawk/Planescape campaign named Atavar Coramoor.

"Atavar" is a play on the word "avatar" which is sort of appropriate in his case since he had some divine ancestry (which had only roleplaying, not game-mechanic, implications).

"Coramoor," as all good Robert Jordan fans know, is the sea people's name for the character of Rand, the Dragon Reborn, in Jordan's "Wheel of Time" books. Atavar looks a little like Rand, too. :)

For those curious types who care, Atavar died in the climatic battle at the end of "Return to the Tomb of Horrors" to that adventure's main villain.

But his name lives on.... :)

Later,

Atavar

---------

"Silly Pâté. Tastes great...bounces high!"

Remove ads