D&D General Original photo of David A. Trampier with his cab, found.

So for those that don't know Dave was the night cabbie in Carbondale, Illinois, which just happens to be about 15 mins north of my home and the HQ for True Dungeon which I was working for at the time. (I know, right?).

When he died Jeff Martin tried very hard to get a hold of his paintings, but.... they were all destroyed, by David after his divorce. Evidently it was one hell of a bonfire.

As an aside, I saw Dave before he died one night after taking the train home from a trip up north. He was working his shift and picking up a fare from the train station.

Oh and that photo was for a Daily Egyptian (SIUC campus newspaper) article about him.

LoganRan

Explorer
A Bard was adventuring in a dungeon one day, suddenly, Asmodeus appeared before him.

And lo and behold, Asmodeus made the Bard an offer.....

I will make it so you can sing every song ever made. You will be able to annoy every one you know, and even annoy people that have never met you, and your smugness will be known throughout all these realms. You will not only sing the songs, but other bards will sing about you, such that no one can escape.
But, in return, you must give me your soul, your wife’s soul, the souls of your children, your parents, your grandparents, all of your friends, and the souls of any who have ever loved you.

The Bard thought about it for a second, then asked .... But what’s the catch?
Ha!

The joke's on Asmodeus. Bards don't have souls.

WayneLigon

Adventurer
Wow, read his Wiki page. There's a story in there.
"Trampier was suspicious of the offer, and wanted to ensure that TSR would not have any part of the publication"
Darn right there is. Something seems to have happened between them. Might be in the corporate minutes or correspondence that I assume WOTC/Hasbro now own.

So sad. I loved his work.

darjr

I crit!
Jim Wampler shared this piece give to him by Tim Kask. Some people live a charmed life.

Sometimes Tim floors me, like he did yesterday. He's like, "Here. I want you to have this Dave Trampier art he did for his Titan article in Adventure Gaming." 15" x 9" shot on acetate.

May be art

Attachments

• Trampier piece.jpeg
    Trampier piece.jpeg
    562.7 KB · Views: 140

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases