• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OSRIC] Orcs' Nest Fast Play Module

Matthew_

First Post
Perhaps partly as a result of the impending (and now actual) release of Dungeons & Dragons 4e and the recent passing away of Gary Gygax and Robert Bledsaw, there has been something of a renewal of interest in traditional adventure role-playing games. One of the things that is being done to address this is the production of one or more OSRIC Fast Play Modules. Basically, they are intended as a quick introduction to OSRIC that can be printed out and distributed locally.

Since this is aimed at both new and old players, I thought it would be useful to get some reactions from posters here at EnWorld. Any constructive criticism would be appreciated, but don't feel like you have to hold back, I have a think enough skin for any barbs.

The Alpha Draft of the OSRIC Fast Play Module, Orcs' Nest is available for download here.

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
:D No problem. :D

Looks pretty complete. Being someone who has rpged since 74 with the first booklets, I've always meant to take a look at OSRIC. I'll print it out and see if I can get a handful of people to throw a few hours at giving it a test run. Thanks for the freebie!

Mind if I herald it on my own website news?

Matthew_

First Post
I don't mind at all, go right ahead. The more people who know, the more likely someone will find something they like. Let me know how it turns out if you do manage to get a chance to run through it.

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Matthew_ said:
I don't mind at all, go right ahead. The more people who know, the more likely someone will find something they like.

How's this look?

Matthew_ said:
Let me know how it turns out if you do manage to get a chance to run through it.

No doubt. I'll post here if I can gather the players and run it. Thanks, again.

Matthew_

First Post
Quick update on this. The beta version of Orcs' Nest is now available for download, which corrects a few mistakes here and there (and introduces at least one new one, I am now told). I have also started a blog called Silver Blade Adventures, which I am using to support the module, and also to host reviews and other stuff that pertains to traditional swords & sorcery adventure games.

As a matter of interest, I printed off and photocopied twenty four copies of the booklet, which I today dropped off at my local game stores in Newcastle, twelve at the Forbidden Planet, and twelve at the Travelling Man, to be distributed freely to their customers. They may well all end up in the bin, I don't know, but it was fun to do!

Last edited:

Remove ads