• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OSRIC] v1.01 release date

Xyanthon

First Post
jgbrowning said:
Nearing completion. Probably out next week. :)

joe "speaking for the suzi" b.

Hehe, I am really excited to see this ;) ! The cover looks really cool btw. I'll have to get some work done for James' campaign world project now. And perhaps finish writing and doing the art for my own OSRIC project that has been on the back burner for a while now. Oh yeah, and finish the art for the OSRIC Companion too...

xrpsuzi

First Post
T. Foster said:
This is absolutely fantastic news! Now I just have to hope one or more of my local stores are among those "who wish to carry it"...

We've solicited the first three adventures to the distributors, so gamestores can preorder copies and give the distributors better initial order info (and in turn give XRP a heads up if we need to print more units from the get go :))

PapersAndPaychecks said:
Ooh, a 32-page, 30,000-word double helping of OSRICy goodness?

I'm really excited about it as Lost Keys to Solitude is the first project Joe and I have been able to co-write in a long time (with our new lines and overall expanded production in 2006 and 2007). It started off as a standard-sized module, but quickly grew to a double-sized module as we bounced ideas off each other.

A couple of other pieces of news I (and Joe) forgot to mention: Although we do not have an expected release date, but we've also got The Flaming Footprints of Jilanth by Andrew Hind coming up. And First Edition Fantasy Adventures will also be going into distribution under Expeditious Retreat Press in cooperation with Ronin Arts.

-Suzi

suzi yee said:
First Edition Fantasy Adventures will also be going into distribution under Expeditious Retreat Press in cooperation with Ronin Arts.

That's another piece of amazing news!

I'm gobsmacked by your success with this, frankly. I'm in danger of breaking out in a rash of superlatives to describe how I feel. ;)

Getting OSRIC into the gamestores was always an objective of mine, but I'd imagined it as a longer-term one once there was a more substantial internet fanbase. This is a good six or nine months earlier than I had imagined.

I would love to know how many people you reach this way.

SemajTheSilent

First Post
jgbrowning said:
Pod-Caverns in March, The Red Mausoleum in May, The Curse of the Witch Head in July, and (if I get it finished and tested in time) The Lost Keys to Solitude in September. After that, I have a trio of adventures being written right now and will hopefully have them prepared for November, December, January.

Old-School gaming is back in distribution for the stores who wish to carry it.

joe b.

Now, that's just righteous.

I'm going to be sold off the shelves of a gaming store. I can die happy and complete now.

The cover for Witch Head is great. Who did it, and give him my assurances he captured the scene like I envisioned it.

SemajTheSilent said:
Now, that's just righteous.

I'm going to be sold off the shelves of a gaming store. I can die happy and complete now.

The cover for Witch Head is great. Who did it, and give him my assurances he captured the scene like I envisioned it.

I'd prefer if you wouldn't die just yet. Perhaps you have a few more adventures left to write? :)

The artist is Bradley McDevitt and I think he did a good job as well.

jeo b.

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
PapersAndPaychecks said:
That's another piece of amazing news!

I'm gobsmacked by your success with this, frankly. I'm in danger of breaking out in a rash of superlatives to describe how I feel. ;)
Well, congratulations on this achievement! :)

This is the end of 20 years hiatus, if I'm not mistaken... ;)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads