• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OT Age of Mythology

Crothian

First Post
I'm finally getting a new computer after five years on the current on. So, I've been looking at some games I can get for it and saw Age of Mythology. I'm a huge fan of the Age of Empire games and was wondering how Age of Mythology stacks up. So, anyone have it and played it yyet? If so, what's your opinion?

Eternalknight

First Post
I only got it the other day and haven't played much (the first four solo missions) but I like it alot. Most people I know think it is better than Age of Empires. There is only 3 different cultures (Norse, Greek and Egyptian) - which was slightly disappointing - but it is still a good game.

Painfully

First Post
When you upgrade at each age, it forces you to choose between two different deities from your mythos, each with their own special troops or upgrades they can add. It means that you have greater flexibility even within the mythos you choose to play.

I like the change, and wish there were more mythos as well. But I can certainly see an expansion pack coming in the future. :)

Sir Edgar

First Post
I've only seen a preview of it at GenCon last summer, but it looks and feels essentially the same as Age of Empires to me. There are some cool concepts, if I remember, like divine favor and I like some of the new monsters. But I think I'll buy it later when the price goes down, primarily because I don't have my copy of Age of Empires anymore.

The problem I have with this whole series is that it's too "rush and overwhelm your opponent". I like to take my time, make some raids, and compete over a few hours with the computer opponents instead. I don't like playing on-line with people because they're always so much better than me! I got wiped out in like half an hour! :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads