• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OT] Could a Canadian explain this to me?

Buttercup

Princess of Florin
LostSoul said:
Although I do like fries & mayo.

That's horrible!
sicka.gif

Ravellion

serves Gnome Master
Piratecat said:

No, it's good. And Belgian!

And the Dutch! (but then, that used to be the same... Blasted French and Spaniards :D )

Actually we have something very close to mayo, but it isn't (half as fat, slightly milder in taste - we call it... *drumrolls* fry sauce!

Rav

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
As an attorney with contest-law experience, I can say with certainty that the folks here who mentioned making it a game of skill, rather than pure chance, are correct.

While US States do not require this, many require other unusual things, and some even require that a contest, or a contest sponsoring entity, register with the State. Involved in that registration process are assurances that eliminate some of the more gambling-oriented aspects of a contest.

Bagpuss

Legend
Its a bit like the "no purchase necessary" tag they have on competitions to randomly win stuff in crisp packets in this country (UK). Some legal loop hole to avoid getting mixed up with gambling regulations.

Dark Psion

First Post
Ashtal said:
They are always dead-easy math questions, though. Nothing to get worked up about. It is a legal formality.

Yes!! You are our One Million dollar (canadian) prize winner, but first ....

For me, you must answer these questions three...

What is your name?

What is your Quest?

What is the air speed of an european swallow carring a coconut ( by gripping it by it's husk)??????

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads