• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

{OT} {LOTR}What would happen if Saruman got the ring?

Wolfspider

Explorer
Saruman tries to master the ring, but he doesn't completely achieve such mastery. The Ring still wants to be with its true master.

Sauron, immediately realizing that his erstwhile ally has the ring, immediately mobilizes forces from Dol Guldor and Mordor to lay seige to Isengard. Isengard eventually falls. Sauron reclaims the ring and rules Middle Earth with an iron fist that would even make Morgoth smile.

Now, if the Free Peoples attempt to attack Sauron's forces as they lay seige to Isengard, they might be able to strike both foes--Sauron and Saruman--a crippling blow. Even if they defeated both of these armies, however, they would still be left with the Ring and the original quest unfulfilled. More than likely Denethor or Theoden would claim the ring if their forces took part in the battle, and that would bold ill for the Free Peoples as well....

Well Gandalf and Galadriel were pretty confident in their ability to defeat Sauron using One Ring! Saruman was most skilled in Ring Lore, save Sauron.

I agree that Sauron would send armies against Isengard at once and Gandalf would lead united armies of Rohan and Gondor against Saruman. These forces would start battling in front of Isengard but then Saruman would would appear. Using One Ring`s power to greatly increase already formidable power of his voice, he declares himself the new Lord of The Rings, ruler of Middle Earth. Almost the entire orcish army joins Saruman, and many from the good side. Since Saruman now has power over Ringwraiths Sauron is forced to destroy nine rings.

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
What would happen if Saruman got the ring?

I'm gonna go with, "A whole lotta pants pissing..."

Ace

Adventurer
Saruman got the ring

Well either Sauron would get it back from him in which case Middle Earth is doomed
or He would loose it either at the fall of Isengard or the Scouring of the Shire,
Prehaps then a ringbearer might still be able to complete his quest.....

Maddenus2

First Post
Interesting Question (or am i sad)

As mentioned Saruman was the most informed person on the properties of the ring and he would proberly be able to master most of its abilites However He was already under the influence of Sauron (Via the palantir) and the power of the ring was already influencing him. He would proberly be able to depose Sauron but not forever as Sauron's life is linked with the ring and he would not be able to destroy the ring.

In the long term Sauron would rise again and the ring would have left Sarumans finger and in the end Sauron must win unless the ring is destroyed.

Ha I am sad

green slime

First Post
Do not forget that the fate of the ring is also tied together with the fate of Gollum...

The compassion of Bilbo set in turn a series of events that, as Gandalf said, Gollum's part was at that time not yet finished.

So I figure all this talk about wizards is fine and dandy. The solution would have been similar, in spite of the wills of the mighty

Ysgarran

What if Galadriel accepted Frodo's Offer?

What if Galadriel accepted the One Ring from Frodo? While I think the book gives it a feel of inevitability Galadriel was strongly tempted...

She seemed confident in her ability to control the Ring.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads