[OT - Olympics] Ashamed to be Canadian

Kal Vito

First Post
Dunno bout you guys, but i'm liking this whole 2 gold medals for Australia, considering before this we had none.

I wouldn't feel so bad canada. Look at all the sports england invented. And how many they are good at.

I mean no harm, just pointing out, that quite often, another coutnry manages to outshine a country, where that sport, is a nathional icon.

drothgery

First Post
Kal Vito said:
I wouldn't feel so bad canada. Look at all the sports england invented. And how many they are good at.

I mean no harm, just pointing out, that quite often, another coutnry manages to outshine a country, where that sport, is a nathional icon.

Or that before 2000, the US couldn't buy a medal in baseball (and in a more politically charged environment, what a bunch of minor-leaguers did in Sydney would have been recognized as every bit as impressive as the 'Miracle on Ice').

Someguy

First Post
Kal Vito said:
Dunno bout you guys, but i'm liking this whole 2 gold medals for Australia, considering before this we had none.

The Ski jumping was awesome...I am really glad for Australia...the managaed two gold medals (sure, one was a fluke, but he still won it fair and square), and one that was Definetly earned... Kudos to you!

Welverin

First Post
LcKedovan said:

Same with Maple Leaf fans, half our roster is Canadian, the other half Swedish ;)

-Will

Don't forget Edmonton and Tommy Salo.

I was away over the weekend and wasn't able to watch any of Canada's games besides the one against Sweden, but so far it seems like they're imitating the US's on ice performance in Nagano. Failing to play to their potentially and falling short of unreasonable expectations. The top five or six teams are to good for any of them to expect a medal.

This isn't basketball where one country (the US) has all the good players and can expect to dominate.

MythandLore

First Post
Um... Okay it's not hockey but did anyone else see the Lithuanians get screwed in ice dance?

They just filed a protest and I have to strongly agree with them.
I personally liked there program the best, but the thing is that 2 teams that beat them fell down, and they still beat them.
They fell down.

http://www.msnbc.com/news/711223.asp

drothgery

First Post
PenguinKing said:
Hey, last time I checked, our women's team hadn't even been scored on - and that's after three games. ;)

After 4, Canada has allowed 3 goals; the US has allowed 1, and the expected final is today or tommorow.

Remove ads