[OT-Rant] What is UP with Talon Comics??

Undead Pete

First Post
A couple of months ago, on the advice of a number of people who frequent these boards, I ordered some Dungeon back issues from Talon Comics.

I have yet to receive them.

I realize his wife was sick, and that's understandable, but he contacted me over a month ago, apologized for the delay and said he would send them out ASAP.

Still no magazines....yet he cashed the check.

I've emailed him a number of times in the past week.

No response yet again.

This is utterly :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: ing unprofessional. Does anyone have a clue what's up with him?

At the very least, he should a) post a notice on his website that all orders are on hold, or b) have someone handle it for him.

I'm EXTREMELY ANNOYED

Sidran

First Post
Since I am not in contact with him personally but have read stuff about what is wrong He can't post here he has had some problems in RL, and with his PC

He most likely has sent them out and they are slowly working their way to you while you get annoyed....

7thlvlDM

Explorer
I too am waiting for an overdue order from Talon (or at least an acknowledgement that I sent money :), but he's been good about getting things shipped to me in the past, so I trust they will come eventually.

Last edited:

I'm rather annoyed, myself. I've waited for THREE MONTHS for a refund. He hadn't received the last items on an order when I gave up trying to keep up with the impossible d20 release schedule. I cancelled, and haven't gotten a refund yet.

Seriously, I can use the money. I've been unemployed for six months, and this week is my final week of unemployment. That $100 or so could go for paying for two weeks of food and gas. I've been patient, but this is just getting ridiculous. I've emailed him every two or three weeks, but he hasn't replied to my last email.

I'd seriously like to get my money back. It's not like I ordered obscure stuff that he couldn't sell to the next person. (I don't even remember what stuff was still on backorder.... I know there were some items that should have been released, but because of delays, weren't yet--Eden Studios, for instance.) And it's not like he had the stuff on hand at the time. He shipped everything he had, and before the rest came in, I had cancelled.

If someone else could email him, I'd appreciate it. My emails don't seem to be getting through. Or if someone is from his area, if they could drop by and see what's going on, that'd be great. If there are family problems, I can be patient, but I'm not going to allow myself to starve. I need every penny I got coming to me, dang it.

laiyna

First Post
I complaint before on this board about Talon Commics and everybody began to scream at me I was not fair. In the end he promised me to send my stuff after I told him I would press charges for mail-fraud against him if he did not send me my money back or mailed me a proof he send me the products. He send me proof that he did send me something.

I got about 6 days back a paper from costumes that a package has arived for me from Taloncommics. It should arive at my house at any moment now, if it is not compleet I will press charges against him, and I guess he knows I will do it.

I hope you all will get your stuff or a refund as soon as posible.

Laiyna

Psion

Adventurer
I had problems as well, but he eventually did deliver.

I ordered something a few months back and he sent me the wrong product for one book (order Stronghold Builders, got Faiths & Pantheons)

The next order I made took forever.

When it did arrive, one product was missing from the order. I sent him a request to cancel my order for that product (since it took so long to receive, I had received a copy as part of the ENnies evaluation in the meantime). He didn't cancel it and sent it along despite my request.

I understand his family situation is difficult and I sympathise with him and for that reason I tried to be patient. However, after seeing how frequently he posts over at nutkinland, it's obvious to me that not every ounce of his time is consumed by his family problems.

Whatever his problems are, I think I gave him plenty of chances to live up to his professional obligations, and after three stikes, I am afraid he's out. There are other online game stores out there. I am giving the ENWorld/RPGShop store a try for my latest order.

Psion

Adventurer
Ashtal said:
Derek from Talon Comics cannot read these boards, so posting here is pretty pointless.

Oh, I am sure we have all had personal contact with Talon, so I am sure that communicating with Talon directly is not the point.

I do, however, hope that he hears about this and comes to realize how damaging not meeting his professional obligations is to his reputation. IMO, he should either shape up, or if his family obligations prevent him from meeting his professional obligations, he should stop offering his internet ordering service if it is too much for him to handle.

Zerovoid

First Post
Wow, this really sucks. I ordered things from Talon in the past, and he was always very fast about shipping them after they were released. I'd really hate to think he's gone the way of New Wave, but after reading this thread, I don't think I'll be ordering anything from him for a while.

Remove ads