[OT-Rant] What is UP with Talon Comics??

Psion

Adventurer
Zerovoid said:
Wow, this really sucks. I ordered things from Talon in the past, and he was always very fast about shipping them after they were released. I'd really hate to think he's gone the way of New Wave, but after reading this thread, I don't think I'll be ordering anything from him for a while.

When's the last time you ordered from him? I use to get great service from him to. The problems I have had have mostly been in the last 6 months.

He is, from all appearances, trying to catch up with his site. Perhaps once he updates his regularly, that might be a sign that he has dealt with his personal issues and it might be safe to order. But personally, I'll wait until I hear some positive feedback before putting my trust in him again.

Undead Pete

First Post
Look like I opened a can of worms here.

Basically, I just don't understand why he doesn't respond to his emails anymore.

Being late on orders is bad....but lack of any response is simply exacerbating the issue.

Someone did mention he posts over on Nutkinland (whatever that is....sue me if it's well-known).....maybe a message over there would wake his @$$ up.

ninjajester

First Post
i wouldn't advise going to nutkinland and posting something inflammatory about derek. he's very well liked over there. his phone # is on his website, so you might want to try contacting him that way.

for those who don't know, nutkinland is enworld's red headed stepchild...

Grazzt

Demon Lord
ninjajester said:

Again with the red-headed stepchild cliche'. I am a red-head. I am not a stepchild. Please knock it off. Can't we all just get along. :D

Tiefling

First Post
Grazzt said:

Can't we all just get along. :D

No. No we cannot. Sorry. :D

Anyway, I hope Derek comes out of this okay. I bought a book from him a while ago and he helped me figure out PayPal and got it shipped immediately. That was quality service.

Leopold

NKL4LYFE
ninjajester said:
i wouldn't advise going to nutkinland and posting something inflammatory about derek. he's very well liked over there. his phone # is on his website, so you might want to try contacting him that way.

i concur.NL is the best and fastest way to get ahold of talon online..

BadMojo

First Post
ninjajester said:

The phone number suggestion is a good one. I just spoke with Derek on the phone and hopefully we have resolved the problems with my order.

Call him up and see if you can get your orders moving or at least get your refund.

Talath

Explorer
I have done some business with Derek. Always he has been fast, courteous, and very polite. I understand he is having family problems right now, and will not order for a while because it would put upon him undue stress.

As a consumer, you have the right to be angry. But as a human being, you need to feel for him right now.

Remove ads