• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OT?] Really weird dice

Zander

Explorer
Here are some dice with odd-numbered ranges: D5's, D7's and a D9. Most of them actually have odd numbers of faces.

The inset shows a new D5 that was tested by a Canadian professor with a machine that rolls and reads dice. Apparently, this new D5 is fair meaning that each of the numbers 1 to 5 is equally likely to be rolled.

If you have any questions about these dice, please ask. Gratuitous bumping is also welcome. :p

I have pics of other unusual dice. If you would like me to post those, just let me know.

Attachments

• diced5d7d9new.jpg
    diced5d7d9new.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 695

Zander

Explorer
Re: Re: [OT?] Really weird dice

BigFreekinGoblinoid said:

Lets see the other pics!

Your wish is my command (well, sometimes)...

Some genuine D2's (i.e. not real coins) and a pair of D24's (inset).

Want more?

Attachments

• diced2d24new.jpg
    diced2d24new.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 645
Last edited:

Balgus

First Post
the D7 and D9 doesnt realy look fair. The larger sides (7 and opposite side for D7 and 8 and opposite side for D9)have higher probability for coming up than any of its other sides. because it is flat and is perpendicular to any other face- whereas the other faces are only at about a 45 degree angle from other sides, therefore is more likely to roll the side faces, than the flat faces (numbered above)

but the glass d5 looks real cool...

Re: Re: Re: [OT?] Really weird dice

Zander said:

Your wish is my command (well, sometimes)...

Some genuine D2's (i.e. not real coins) and a pair of D24's (inset).

Want more?

Yep - so far I like the crystal d5 and those d24's the best! Show us more, Zander!

Zappo

Explorer
Balgus said:
the D7 and D9 doesnt realy look fair. The larger sides (7 and opposite side for D7 and 8 and opposite side for D9)have higher probability for coming up than any of its other sides. because it is flat and is perpendicular to any other face- whereas the other faces are only at about a 45 degree angle from other sides, therefore is more likely to roll the side faces, than the flat faces (numbered above)
I dunno, the d9's flat face doesn't look completely flat to me. I reckon that the right curvature would make the dice fair.

Remove ads