[OT] Slow and steady wins Olympic Gold!

Forlorn

First Post
Villano said:

Oh well, they should at least let the other skaters give that geeky Korean kid wedges and indian burns, and then held him down while Ohno gave him a swirly!:)

I just have to say, I nearly wet myself reading this.

As far as consquences for cheating go. I like it. Let the athletes injured by the cheating exact revenge!

Bran Blackbyrd

Explorer
Villano said:

You're right. I totally forgot about that. IIRC, Ohno had to be taken out in a wheelchair or stretcher.

Yeah, you can imagine I was one of the people howling for a rerun of the race as I watched the crash, but then it turned out Ohno was injured. I decided I'd rather be screwed in one race than have him tear something open during a rerun and miss the next three races.

Oh well, they should at least let the other skaters give that geeky Korean kid wedges and indian burns, and then held him down while Ohno gave him a swirly!:)

Hahaha, this should be instituted as an Olympic rule!

AussieDM

First Post
Just thought I'd mention we Australian's won our second gold medal ever - in the womens aerials!

Now we are ahead of our arch rivals - The Austrians!!

MythandLore

First Post
AussieDM said:
You know I always wondered about that, and now I finally know.

Um... Okay it's not speed skating but did anyone else see the Lithuanians get screwed in ice dance?

They just filed a protest and I have to strongly agree with them.
I personally liked there program the best, but the thing is that 2 teams that beat them fell down, and they still beat them.
They fell down.

http://www.msnbc.com/news/711223.asp

arwink

Clockwork Golem
While every austalian I know (being australian, that's a lot) is very happy with the fact that we have the speed skating gold, most of us think the process by which it was won is largely hysterical.

Not the fact that other skaters were injured, or that the hopes of other athletes were dashed by an accident/incident of possible unsportsmanship. You just have to realise exactly how much ice there is in this country - the statistical odds of us actual producing a medal winning speed skater are fairly astronomical. An Australian was never going to win that race any way but the way that it happened.

Arwink

hong

WotC's bitch
AussieDM said:
Just thought I'd mention we Australian's won our second gold medal ever - in the womens aerials!

Let me say that I'm sorely disappointed that Roy and H.G. still haven't really got stuck into either Austria or New Zealand. They're slacking off, if you ask me.

Speaking of Roy and H.G., they pop up in the darndest places sometimes:
Roy and H.G. do RttToEE

Remove ads