[OT Super Bowl]

Who wins the Super Bowl and by how much?

• Rams win by more then 14

Votes: 20 30.8%
  • Rams win by less then 14

Votes: 21 32.3%
  • Patriots win by more then 14

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Patriots win by less then 14

Votes: 24 36.9%

• Poll closed .

BluWolf

Explorer
Being a long time (and often suffering) Patriots fan, I am ruttin' for the Patriots!!!

Everything is set in the Rams favor but I'm hoping they over look the Pats the way the Steelers and the Raiders did.

As far as QBs go? I don't think it realyy matters. Pats are a complete team effort ball club.

My prediction? Brady starts, Bledsoe finishes.

Pats by a field goal in regulation.

reapersaurus

Explorer
Wormwood said:
I hope the Rams win, if only so I don't have to hear any more of this "Team of Destiny" stuff!
Oh my GOD, I SO agree!!

It's rather strange to me why the heck they would have been referring to the Patriots as a "Team of Destiny" after they had simply beaten the Raiders in one game.

My wife seems to see danger in the fact that the media is calling them that, when you think about the intensely-political environment the Super Bowl may be under this year, of ALL years.

I sure hope the Patriots don't win, so I can keep my delusion that pro sports MAY not be rigged. :)

Storminator

First Post
TwoSix said:

I have to disagree there. Losing three superbowls in 17 seasons hardly puts you in the same category as the Bills of the early 90s and the Vikings of the 70s. After all, the Bills and Vikings were, more or less, the same team throughout the Super Bowl years. Same coaches, same nuclei of good players. You can't really compare the Pats of 2001 to the Pats of 1996 or the Pats of 1985, not at all. The Patriots have maybe 10 players from 5 years ago, and the head coach has changed twice since then. The team has had some bad luck in the Super Bowl, that's all. It's not like the continual choke the Bills and Vikes did.

Note that I said they "start to slip," not that they are branded for life. But Denver had the same label before the Shanahan era, despite the very different teams that lost. Once you rack up enough 0-fers in the Superbowl, you start to get the label. Of course no one will ever match the Bills run.

But I disagree that the Pats had bad luck in the Superbowl. They were pretty soundly beaten by Green Bay, and the Bears delivered a mindboggling pasting. No other team has benched their quarterback before he completed a pass.

PS

Someguy

First Post
Flexor the Mighty! said:
If Billichek is such a defensive genius why were the Pats in the low 20's in total defense? Rams in a blowout. 47-16

Teams get yards on us yes. But do they score many touchdowns?

No.

MythandLore

First Post
Lord Almighty!!! Please Lord!
Please make the Rams Lose!
Think of the Children!!!
Please God don't do it for me,
do it For the Children!!!

Remove ads