• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

"Otyughs speak Common"?

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Piratecat said:
They tend to talk dirty. They're well known to be garbage mouths.

I just can't get the image out of my head now, of a bunch of kobolds sneaking past the ogres to the garbage pit to ask the otyugh for advice.

"The Trash Heap has spoken! Nyaaah!"

-Hyp.

Len

Prodigal Member
Hypersmurf said:
I just can't get the image out of my head now, of a bunch of kobolds sneaking past the ogres to the garbage pit to ask the otyugh for advice.
Because, of course, the otyugh is wiser than the ogres.

Reminds me of the time that my party faced an ogre who had a winter wolf on a leash. The ogre threw a baby at us (!) and attacked the biggest fighter, who killed it. The wolf hung back tactically and breathed ice at us. Check their respective INT scores - clearly the collar was on the wrong end of the leash.

(Winter wolves speak Giant and Common.)

Last edited:

francisca

I got dice older than you.
Hypersmurf said:

-Hyp.
Naw, Kobolds speak Draconic. They'd just sit there and yap at the garbage pit.

buchw001

First Post
Hypersmurf said:

-Hyp.

Oh my GOD. I just had the most amazing flashback...

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
buchw001 said:
Oh my GOD. I just had the most amazing flashback...

Innit great? :D

philogunge.jpg

-Hyp.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads