"Out of the Frying Pan"- Book III: Fanning the Embers

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
Hey, all. . .

I just wanted to bump this for two reasons:

The first reason is obvious, I renamed the thread to "Book III: Fanning the Embers" - deciding it was better off having a name that fit in with the other three books (two before it and one after it) - and just breaking it into two parts named, "The Fearless Manticore Killers & The Necropolis of Doom!!!" and "The Fearless Manticore Killers & The Pit of Bones!"

The second reason is because I have been editing and cleaning up this "book" in order to make a zipped up word doc version available for download and I have really enjoyed re-reading it and remembering how much fun these adventures were and how great some of the scenes were - and how well the build up to finding and entering Hurgun's Maze turned out upon reflection. . .

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
NOTE: Originally this thread extended to Session #68 - but today I did some splitting and merging of threads so that this thread ends with Session #63 and Book IV begins with Session #64.

I made these changes because it made more sense to me for the journey to Nikar to be part of the Book that tells the tale of the events of the party in Nikar.

Unfortunately, in merging those last four sessions with Book IV we lost almost all the thread views for the Book IV thread (from 17,000+ views to less than 700). I did not know that would happen.

(Edited to Add: but then 14 years later I re-organized it back to how I originally had it).

Last edited:

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
This entire book, including both the "Necropolis of DOOM!" and "The Pit of Bones" adventures,
is available for download in zipped up .doc format by clicking here.

Compilations of Books I, II & III are all available in the
"Out of Frying Pan" Story Hour Portal Thread

(Edit (3/6/2021): A new compiled version of Book III is in the works - watch this space!​

Last edited:

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
This entire book, including both the "Necropolis of DOOM!" and "The Pit of Bones" adventures (Session #40 through #68), is available for download in zipped up .pdf format by clicking here.

Compilations of Books I, II & III are all available in the "Out of Frying Pan" Story Hour Portal Thread

Attachments

• Out of the Frying Pan (Book III - Fanning the Embers) [complete].zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Remove ads