• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Outcasts Forever: Issue #1 - Red America

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radiant

First Post
Binary

Carol mumbled some awkward excuses to get away from her old friends. Walking through the street in the rough direction of the avengers mansion she thinks about all that has happened. It was so strange to find excuses to dear old colleagues after her change. Compared to the brood and corrupt Shi'ar military all these human games seemed so very insignificant.
Still these had been loose ties that she still felt obliged to take care of. Just like this strange invitation.
She would have refused and the call of the stars was strong burt she owed her old home enough to at least attend.
Just looking up to the sky makes the powers the brood awakened in her scream with power through all her cells.
If I get lost into my thoughts any longer I'll be late.

The transformation takes only moments. Carol Danvers body starts to burn, creating more energy with every passing moment.
The human is replaced with a being of fire that launches into sky like it would be the most normal thing in the world. The flames color changes to white then she leaves the ground, completing the transformation.
The white hot humaniod races through the sky, looking more like a comet than anything else to all onlookers.

Enjoying the feeling of flight Binary forces herself to head for the Avengers mansion. Above her she can feel the call of the stars but still her journey ends rigtht at the front gate of the mansion. Only her last thoughts prevent her from racing headlong into the estate.
My pirate habbits won't do no good here
It is not often that Binary has actually been welcome into a high security area since her change so it feels quite strange to just use the bell.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Moon Knight

Avengers Mansion – Outer Gate
New York, New York

Jake Lockley said:
"Uh, Hello? Hi...I'm here for the meeting by invitation only?"

After releasing the speaker button, Jake heard a reply in a somewhat metallic but definitely female voice, “Please provide your name . . . .”

Jake had to think a moment or two on what name was on his invitation, then decided, “Marc Spector.”

“Welcome Mr. Spector, you are expected, please come to the front door,” the voice pleasantly replied.

The large wrought iron gates opened onto a brick walkway to the front door. Almost the instant, Marc reached the front door, it opened. Inside the darkened foyer, Marc could make out a middle-aged man in a butler uniform.

“Greetings, Master Spector. You are expected, sir” Jarvis said in a clipped British accent. Looking back into the foyer, the man turned again to Marc and continued. “My name is Jarvis, and I am the butler here. The meeting is expected to start in the main dining hall momentarily. If you would leave your bags, I will see them delivered to your room.”

Marc could see that a pile of bags had started to accumulate just inside the foyer.

OOC: Moon Knight

Last edited:

Mimic

First Post
Vision

Keia said:
While that information did correlate to the Vision (Flint Marko being the identity of the Sandman), there was not report in recent memory of a headbusting in front of the White House. There were several valid arrest warrants however . . .

As the Vision floats into dining hall he is somewhat startled to see the Sandman. He quickly accesses his database to find out what he knows about the man.

Marko Flint
Criminal History:
Henchmen for the Mob
Theft under 1000
Theft over 1000
Grand Theft Auto
Assault
Aggrevated Assault
Attempted Murder...

The list went on for some time, although it seemed that he was a harded criminal it was obvious that he was an invited guest, Marko wasn't smart enough to be able to suppress the defensive measures that were in the mansion.

It was illogical, something that he was never very good at.

Floating two feet off the floor he approachs the two men.

Greetings Hank McCoy, it is a pleasure to see you again.

You are Marko Flint also known as William Baker also known as Sandman. He says to the Sandman, studying him closely.

Last edited:

kid A

First Post
Sandman

Originally posted by the Vision
You are Marko Flint also known as William Baker also known as Sandman. He says to the Sandman, studying him closely.

"Uhhh... well,you're half right... I never gone by the name William Baker." Flint looked curiously at the strange being hovering before him and held out his hand as a greeting. "Flint Marko. And you are?"

As an afterthought, Flint added, "Heh. Nice cape."

Mimic

First Post
Vision

Vision stares at the man for a moment with an odd look on his face.

Curious, there must be an anomaly in my system. He says shaking his hand. I am known as Vision.

kid A said:
As an afterthought, Flint added, "Heh. Nice cape."

Thank you, my wife likes it as well, she says that it gives me a certain flair.

Nuke261

Rogue Warrior
Falcon said:
The Falcon pumped Jarvis's hand with his best nice-to-meet-you handshake as he noticed Captain America enter the foyer.
"No need to apologize, Jarvis. Honest men make honest mistakes, as my father often says."
The Falcon let the handshake go and waved.
"Hey! Cap!" the Falcon said. "It's been a long time. How have you been? Excuse me, Jarvis."
Redwing still perched on his arm, the Falcon walked across the foyer toward Captain America. Redwing vocalized a welcoming screech along the way.

Captain America stepped in to the foyer and greeted two of his long time friends.

"Jarvis! You have kept this place in great shape since we've been gone. Of course I am sure that's easier to do without us tearing it apart all the time." He gave Jarvis a large, heart felt smile and walked towards the Falcon.

"Falc! Great to see you again. How are you Redwing?" Captain America shook Falcon's hand and then reached up to stroke the top of Redwing's head with a finger. "Glad to see you made it back onto the team. I was worried we were going to get assigned a bunch of stuffed shirts but I'm glad to see you and Redwing will have my back. Nice costume by the way, Sam. What's with the change of threads?"

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Captain America said:
"Falc! Great to see you again. How are you Redwing?" Captain America shook Falcon's hand and then reached up to stroke the top of Redwing's head with a finger. "Glad to see you made it back onto the team. I was worried we were going to get assigned a bunch of stuffed shirts but I'm glad to see you and Redwing will have my back. Nice costume by the way, Sam. What's with the change of threads?"

Redwing emitted a low, purring chirp as he rubbed against Cap's finger.

"Change is good, Cap. All that green was just too...I don't know, dull, I guess. And red, white, and blue would make it look like I was stepping on your patriotic toes." The Falcon's grin faded a bit, that steely seriousness Cap is so familiar with coming to his eyes. "After all, I am a grown man. Can't be perceived as a sidekick, as if I could ever measure up." And then the seriousness is gone and the grin returned. "So how about you walk me into this meeting and introduce me around?"

Last edited:

Unicron818

First Post
Marc Spector

“Greetings, Master Spector. You are expected, sir” Jarvis said in a clipped British accent. Looking back into the foyer, the man turned again to Marc and continued. “My name is Jarvis, and I am the butler here. The meeting is expected to start in the main dining hall momentarily.

If you would leave your bags, I will see them delivered to your room.”

Marc breathing in the air flow that rushed him from inside the mansion. He quickly set his bag with the others as he looked around the somewhat familiar place. It had been forever and a day since he had set eyes on this place.

"Mr. Jarvis, its been a long time sir, how are things?" Marc asked after he had extended his hand.

Arani Korden

First Post
Mimic said:

"Is Wanda here yet? I suppose it takes a little longer to get to the meeting when you can't fly through walls, doesn't it?" Hank glanced at the doors, fully expecting the Scarlet Witch to enter at any moment.

kid A

First Post
Sandman

Originally posted by the Vision

Flint smiled and replied, "Vision, huh? That's your assigned codename, then? Ain't too bad! Mine, well, I guess mine's for obvious reasons." With that, Flint held out his right hand, opened palm down above his left. Slowly, his hand changed... taking on a sand-like quality. Then, a thin stream of sand, like that found in an hourglass, began to fall from his right hand to his left, seamlessly disappearing into the form of his left hand.

He brought his demonstration to a close and listened as Hank McCoy spoke to... Vision. "Your wife's comin'? She got herself some powers, does she?"

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads