• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

PA, Philadelphia area looking for group

Rackhir

Explorer
Gideon said:
Champions is the white wolf super hero?

No it's from a company called Hero Games. Its the original point based super hero system. I think it might even have been the first point based RPG. Its now in its 5th edition.

I just wanted to try to keep this thread alive a little bit longer. Anyone have a possible place to play? Anyone? Anywhere? Anyone know of any possible gaming stores that would allow us to use some of their room to play?

If anyone/everyone else would like to try, we could just get together one day/evening at a small restaurant and just meet. That might let us come to some decisions and toss ideas around a bit more easily.

Michael Tree

First Post
That's a good idea Dingo. If meeting in person is tough, we could arrange to 'meet' in the chat room at a certain time.

I don't think I have enough time to run a full M&M game. I'd be interesting in running episodic sessions every once in a while, but I don't think I have enough time to run a regular game. Gideon, I'd definitely be interested in an Arcana Unearthed game, or a combined AU / D&D game.

Yeah, I get those "good ideas" every once in a while. I do cherish them when they come, however rare they might be. ;)

That said, a place in Center City Philadelphia would probably be central to everyone involved, from Wilmington to us up in Montgomery County. There are several possible places to go to, perhaps to grab some lunch down on South Street during next weekend. Of course, that still involves coming into the city, which can be a hassle at any point during the week, including the weekend. Another option would be to come up Conshohocken or King of Prussia, which are more accessible, though a bit further away from Wilmington.

Nonetheless, we could try for next weekend (Oct. 29th or 30th) or we could go for two weekends away (Nov. 6th and 6th).

Or, we could all go trick or treating together on Halloween...what do ya say?!

Gunslinger

First Post
Sorry for being absent for so long. I may have found us a room at Temple, but I'm having trouble finding out exactly who can give me a definite "yes or no." Center City Philly would work for me, but I don't have any ideas as to where exactly we could go.

As far as days that are good for me: monday, tuesday, wednesday, or friday evenings would be best.

It sounds like an evening during the week would be better, at least for Gunslinger. Is that good for everyone else? I'd like to aim for at least a week away (sometime during the week of October 31st to November 4th) so that we can plan it and get as many people there as possible. Sadly, the boss hasn't put up our work schedule for the following week, but I'm pretty sure I've got the midnight shift, so any of those nights should be good for me.

Concerning the a place to play, if you can manage to find out about a possible room to play in Gunslinger, that would be great. Keep up at it. Threaten to protest and chain yourself to a door if you don't get a definite answer (just kidding about that; it didn't go over at my college too well). Nonetheless, if you can find out about a room, that would be great. Temple isn't exactly off the main road, but it is in Philly, and that would be very central for all of us.

As for a place to meet, I'm thinking a pizza place or such where we can sit down and have an informal get together that won't cost too much money. Give me a day or two and I'll dig someplace up. My main priority, considering Center City, is easy and free/cheap parking.

If anyone else has any other suggestions, etc., please toss them out there.

Michael Tree

First Post
A weekday evening would be fine for me. I'd prefer a Tuesday or Wednesday, but it really doesn't matter much. I don't know center city all that well, so I can't really reccommend a place.

Hey all,

Sorry for the delay. I got caught up in some work things and just put the computer on the back burner for a few days.

Nonetheless, I did do some looking and...well, there really isn't that much in terms of free parking in Center City. It just isn't a place that offers that much 'free access'. 'Easy access', yes. 'Free access', no.

That being said, Michael, would you object to traveling up to an area like Conshohocken or King of Prussia. I think you're are the furthest away, so I wanted to know from you. Otherwise, I know of several places off-hand where we could meet up at in those general areas, including places with the good food.

Let me know if the King of Prussia/Conshohocken area would be bad for anyone? If so, then we'll get together in Philly itself.

Just let me know. Thanks all! I'm still looking forward to getting something going, even if there is only a small handful of us.

Edit: I just wanted to get a decent head-count going, but thus far I'm looking at Gideon, Gunslinger, Michael Tree, and myself, correct? Anyone else interested? If so, is this area going to work for you? Will either the 8th (Tuesday) or the 9th (Wednesday) work for everyone?

Last edited:

Remove ads