Pain Pride and Prejudice

pneumatik

The 8th Evil Sage
With the last imp dead, Torl looks around for a cast-off or scrap of cloth to wipe the disgusting ooze off his blade. Clean weapon sheathed, he stands still and simply observes. "Wait," he says. "Why didn't the guards show up? Could they already be fighting our adversaries? The demon-imps may have already gotten more people than just little Mikey. Our fight was quick. If they got to Mikey, he's probably dead by now." He pauses, thinking. "Um, I recommend we check on the town before going anywhere else."

Tiali

First Post
-The boy lookes into Seamus's eyes. "We was walking through the forest like we always do to get into town... Me, my sister, and lil Mikey. We was trying to rush so that we wouldn't be late for the ceremony." He looks over to his sister to make sure she is ok. "A man in a hooded robe, and a woman, who'd I'd assumed his Missus, stepped onto the path and stopped us. He asked for directions to the temple in the woods, and while we was given him his directions, those things creeped up." He shudders during his retelling.

"Before I knew what hit us, Mikey was already on the ground pinned by three o' those black beasts. And the man.... the man was laughing!!"

"One o' those black things crawled on my back and I just managed to throw it off. I looked over to Mikey, and he looked so pale... so still." A tear falls down his cheek. "I thought he was dead, so I grabbed my sister and ran. I got a good distance away, when I heard Mikey scream... I stopped to look back, and thats when the bastard stung me... I kicked it off and kept running for town." He breaks down... "I left him... He was still alive, and I left him!" He is nearly inconsolable. Father Iden and Barnibus continue to reassure him, and comfort him, but you doubt you can get anything else out of him at this time.

-There are no soldiers anywhere to be seen. Arthur and the milita are running around town looking and listening for more combat. By the time the boy finishes his story, Arthur is able to return. "Aye... We was right. There are no soldiers in town, and no other fighting going on. Something smells fishie, and this time it ain't me."

-OOC: I will need spot checks from everyone who wishes to do so.

Jemal

Adventurer
Michael retrieves his shield from Arthur and is about to say something when the little boy shouts his name. Curious, he goes over to the small 'crowd' forming around the boy, and realizes he'd misheard - the child, 'mikey', was missing, and..

"A hooded, robed man? Did you see anything else? Did you see his face?" Michael sighs in frustration as the child withdraws. Standing, Michael looks into the forests.

It couldn't be that same shadowy figure - What purpose would he have here? But still, even if it wasn't, a small child was in trouble, and there was obviously something evil going on here.. And this was where his searching had brought him. Michael didn't believe in coincedences.. not anymore, at least.

As Arthur returns, he looks to the half-orc and announces "I'm going out there." He looks around at everyone and speaks loudly
"The boy says another child was taken, and I believe he is still alive. Arthur and the militia need to stay here and keep the town safe, so I will go after the boy. Maybe even find out what's happened to your missing soldiers." He glances to the others he'd seen fighting competently amidst the chaos, finally resting upon the the lizard man who seemed to keep drawing his interest. "Anybody else?"

[sblock=ooc]
Spot Check (1d20=12)
[/sblock]

Arkhandus

First Post
"Tha's awlright, lad, ye saved yer sister, an' Mikey'll be glad ye two're oo-kay. If 'e's still alive, wey'll bring 'im bahck," Seamus says reassuringly. He stands up and hears Arthur's report. "We 'ave t' see if the boy c'n be saved." he tells the others firmly.

Spot: 10
1d20+0=10

Last edited:

Theroc

First Post
Scartail frowned at the story.

"Humanss... killing themselves? It seems humans don't care what it is they destroy... or who helpss them destroy..." He placed his shortspear back on his back with the others, after wiping it in the grass.

"The soldiers are all gone? What of their encampment and supplies? If they abandoned their thingss, then perhaps the townsfolk can use them to help tend the injured..."

He paused a moment, a wave of weakness washing over him.

"And perhaps... we should rest a bit to tend our own injuries... there are sure to be more of the black-skinned ones in the forest, if they took 'Mikey'..."

[sblock]
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2067329/

Woohoo! Big # 7! [/sarcasm] [/sblock]

pneumatik

The 8th Evil Sage
"Well, that resolves the soldier issue," Torl says to himself. "I'll come with you into the forest," he says to the others. "My name is Torl. Before we go, can anyone help heal me? Poison from the demon imps has sapped my endurance and I fear it will be some time before I recover."

[sblock=OOC]Torl is still down 4 hp (3 from con loss) and 1 con.
Spot Check: (1d20-1=5), so Torl doesn't see anything.
I think it's been a minute since Trol was poisoned, so I'll make my second poison fort save:1d20+4=14.[/sblock]

Tiali

First Post
Father Iden stands and walks over to you guys. "I want to express our thanks at your bravery. Little Mikey may still be alive, and you are right, we must use our few resources to ensure the town is protected from another assault. Without help from the soldiers, we do not have enough resources to commit to a search party as well as defend the town."

"For your bravery, I will offer you a reward from the coffers at Temple Pelor. It is not much, but I can offer you each 150 gold pieces. You will also be honored guests at Temple Pelor, and you will always have a bed available and food offered, should you ever pass through here again. I can offer my personal services should you ever need them as well." He says all of this as he walks to each person. If you are poisoned he attempts to remove it, and if you are hurt, he offers a prayer of healing.

"I am sorry I cannot offer more, for I am nearly drained, and I must save what few spells I have left for the dying. Thank you again for your courage, and may Pelor always light your way." With that, he bows and returns to the wounded.

OOC: Same rolls for everyone where it applies. If your hurt add 7 hp, if your poisoned remove 2 of the poison damage. (He is currently using the spells status and detect poison, so if your not hurt or poisoned, he doesn't use said spells.)

Last edited:

Theroc

First Post
[sblock]
Roll Lookup
Failed Fort Save[/sblock]

Scartail frowned slightly, thinking charging off into the forest isn't wise until this blasted poison is no longer in his system. After all, if the poison keeps making him feel weak, he'll be useless in a fight... moreso than he is now. The Priests healing made Scartail feel better, and he felt much more ready to charge into the forest to search for the beasts.

"A reward was not necessary, Priesst... though it is appreciated. Now... what is to be done about the boy, Mikey? I am not a skilled tracker... and do you have any likely places nearby for the beasts to hide?"

[sblock]
Con damage restored
HP: 19 (If HP lost through Con damage returns when the con damage is removed)
HP: 17(If it isn't restored)
Max HP: 22
[/sblock]

Tiali

First Post
There are several places in that forest where you could possibly hide a very small army. But, based on what the boy stated, I would start my search at the temple in the woods. Its straight north of this clearing, roughly a two hour walk, Father Iden states. As Father Iden starts to make his way back to the wounded, Edwards Bromes (the shorter brother) comes up to Arthur, whose standing next to you.

Arthur! Take a look at these. He states as he holds his hand out. In his hand are what looks like three gems, covered in the dark green goo that the implike beasties dissolved into. We found one in nearly every place that one of those monsters died. What do you think they are?

What do you mean, almost every place? Arthur questions. Arthur looks at the gems dumbfoundedly... You can tell he has no idea what they are.

Well some of those beasts were splattered so far, that we couldn't find one, but I'd assume they had one too. He hands em over to Arthur. I'll see what I can do to find the rest. Edwards salutes and leaves.

OOC: Each of you can roll a check as you see this exchange. Those of you with Knowledge (Arcane) can roll that. If you don't have Arcane, I want an Intelligence roll (DC will be higher, but still possible)

bedford

First Post
Rungner loudly declares who he is and that he will follow the others to rescue the child. After recieving the reward and thanking father Iden rungner takes a look at the gems.

OOC:int roll
1d20-4=16

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases