Pain Pride and Prejudice

Arkhandus

First Post
Seamus is curious about the bird, and doesn't really pay much attention to the surroundings for the moment. He just mutters "Whattaya s'pose that be...?"

[sblock=OOC]Everyone, remember to include a +1 bonus on your Listen/Spot checks for Seamu's aura. It's also +1 Initiative, not that we've entered initiatives yet.

Listen 13, Spot 3
1d20+0+1=13, 1d20+0+1=3 [/sblock]

Theroc

First Post
As they walked along, Scartail introduced himself.

"I am known as Scartail... because my tail always sseems to get new sscars whenever I fight. I came to Rawee after wandering away from the land of my tribe... humanss slaughtered them all. All except Scartail... humans attacked my tribe for years... usually one at a time, always sscreaming, 'MONSTER!' before running away when out scouts would retaliate... then entire human village came... killed uss all. 'Civilized'? Bah... humans are no less savage than wolves or crocodile... they jusst hide it better."

It would be apparent by the way he spoke that he was not accusing the others in the group in particular, more specifically he was stating that the race as a whole was no more or less savage than those they view as beneath them. When he saw the bird, he watched it intently, shifting uncomfortably as he drew his crossbow, in order to get the first shot if anything else approached.

[sblock=SPot and Listen checks]
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2075367/
Spot: 6+1=7
Listen: 18+1=19[/sblock]

Jemal

Adventurer
Michael nods at Scartail's words, his mind clouding over with thoughts of all the lizards he'd killed that day. He would not speak of it, though - not until he knew more about these new travelling companions.

As they entered the clearing, Michael frowned. Would the children have forgotten to mention something like this? His eyes begin to glow as he studies the surroundings, and watches the bird land in front of him.

Slowly and carefully, so as not to scare the creature away, he readies his shield, keeping his eyes peeled. Something was going on.

[sblock=ooc]Spot; Listen (1d20=19, 1d20=6) Forgot the +1 from Seamus even after Ark pointed it out *L* so that makes Spot 20, Listen 7.
Also, Knowledge: Planes (1d20+5=22) Just in case there's anything 'out of this world' noticeable around here, or about the bird.[/sblock]

pneumatik

The 8th Evil Sage
Throughout the walk through the woods, Torl remains quiet. He answers questions when asked, but without ever offering any additional information. He seems content to listen to the others or to walk in silence.

Short and stocky, he has an animalistic face compared to a normal human. His black hair is shaggy. His face is flat and punctuated by his exaggerated canines and sideburns. His skin looks tough and leathery, as if he'd already spend a lifetime working outside exposed to the elements.

[sblock=spot and listen]Spot: 1d20=18; Listen: 1d20=20. So hopefully Torl sees something.[/sblock]

Tiali

First Post
You all come to a halt outside the ancient walls, and the bird continues staring at your group.

Most of you hear the little imp like creatures laughter, somewhere within the compound. You are also able to catch the following conversation:

Did the gremlins catch those two beligerant brats? The first voice is a very rough male voice.

No sir, they made it to the town before we could catch up to them. The second voice is a melodic female voice. Her words are very proper, and her common is flawless.

Did you order the attack as planned?

Yes, I did sir. It didn't last as long as we had hoped. There were some 'unforseen circumstances.'

What the hell do you mean by unforseen circumstances?

There were some people at the festival who were able to defend the townfolk. They were fairly powerful compared to what we expected from the townsfolk.

The man curses. Well, he knew the distraction would only be temporary. He had a limited time to get it out of the town. If he failed, its his problem. These things are expensive to make, and I'm not wasting more of them unless he pays more.

Although we did get more components. You hear a weezing laughter coming from the man.

-Torl and Michael were able to locate a crack in the wall, and they peered through when the conversation begin. The two seperate cracks are several feet apart, and are small enough for only a single man could peer through.

The man stands behind a pillar and is unable to be seen from this angle, but the female is standing in plain sight. She stands 5'5'' and has long black hair, drawn into a ponytail. With her pointed ears, and sharp features, you can determine she is a descendant of the elves. She carries a longbow on her back and a shortsword at her side. At her side stands two of the little gremlin creatures.

At the very end of the conversation, when the man says 'More components' Torl is able to see the man's hand flash out from behind the pillar and point. Letting your gaze follow his lead, you see three children tied up and gagged on the ground. All three are unconcious, but breathing. They are surrounded by five more of the little 'gremlins'.

- I'll leave you in charge of clean up. I want those three, as well as the supplies loaded in 5 minutes.

Torl and Michael see a flash of light when the man makes a quick movement with his hand, and a portal opens. The man steps out from behind the pillar, and walks through. His cowl is pulled down, and you see a very feral looking human. His hair is shaggy, and his ears are slightly pointy. His teeth are sharper than those of a human, and his eyes are closer to that of an animal.

-This entire exchange took less than a minute.

After the wizard walks through the portal, Michael sees (through his peep hole) another imp climbing a vine on the other side of the wall. It seems to be peering intently at the bird above your head, and grinning.

If it leaps like you think it will, your entourage could be seen, and the elf woman most likely would be alerted.

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
Michael turns, putting a finger to his lips to silence the others, then looks up at the bird and starts waving his arms frantically, trying to scare it away before the imp leaps.

pneumatik

The 8th Evil Sage
Torl turns back to the party and puts his finger to his lips, silently shushing the group. He deliberately points at the handle of the Falchion sticking up over his right shoulder, then at the wall.

Seeing Michael's actions, Torl bares his teeth and snarls noiselessly at the bird.

Theroc

First Post
Scartail stood silently, waiting for the actions of the others before acting himself. He didn't want to be the one who got the group into a fight they could have avoided... and he especially didn't want bitten again if he could avoid it.

Remove ads