Pain Pride and Prejudice

bedford

First Post
Would Rungner have been there by himself he would already have charged the enemy, but now with these sneaky and probably smart companions he keeps quiet and eagerly awaits the coming battle.

Tiali

First Post
The bird cocks its head to the side and stares at Michael as he waves frantically at it, but its Torl's actions that catches its eye. Once he completes his movement, the bird looks behind the wall, and takes off in one quick motion. Just as the bird takes off, the imp leaps on top of the wall and attempts to leap at the rapidly rising bird.

He misses horribly, and tumbles off the side of the wall nearest the group. He hits the ground with a crunch, and he has trouble standing up again. Its right leg seems to be unable to hold its weight.

It is about 10 feet away from the group, and oddly enough, it has not noticed any of you yet.

From the other side of the wall you hear; Damned stupid beast... He must have fallen again. You two, go check it out. You hear two gremlins start moving. One sounds as if its coming straight at the wall, most likely to climb it. The other one laughs as it heads eastward, possibly to a gate or hole in the wall.

Theroc

First Post
Scartail leans in towards the others and whispers quietly.

"Ambussh..." As he draws his shortspear and small shield, readying himself for a fight... on their terms. He would not act unless his compatriots were agreeable to his plan, however.

pneumatik

The 8th Evil Sage
Torl wastes no time striking at the imp on this side of the wall, hoping to get the drop on it. Drawing his falchion, he swiftly steps to it and attacks.

[sblock=Torl attacks!]Torl draws his falchion while charging. PA for -3, leaving my stats at: 1d20+7=18, 2d4+10=15. I'm assuming +2 charge.

Note that in my roll I also thought I had +2 for the target being flat-footed, which it turns out I don't get. My results in this post are correct, but if you follow the link I have +9 to hit and get a 20 instead of an 18.[/sblock]

Arkhandus

First Post
Seamus nods, raising his morningstar but holding put until another imp gets within sight. He doesn't want to alert them by clanking around in his armor, not yet. He figures that the less-armored folks can take out the nearby imp quickly and quietly enough.

Jemal

Adventurer
Michael scowls, but then looks to Scartail, nodding his agreeance as he grips his hammer tightly, ready for combat. He motions someone to go east and intercept the one coming from that way while he prepares for the one that comes over the wall.

[sblock=ooc]
drawing and wielding maul. Readied action to use Hideous Blow and strike the gremlin when it appears.
2-Handed Maul swing (1d20+7=24, 1d10+2d6+4=15) if needed; AC 24 for 15 damage.
AC: 19, HP: 22
[/sblock]

Tiali

First Post
You lose track of the gremlin that ran eastward. His movements are too far away to follow. However, the other gremlin is running straight at the wall. You hear his laughter stop directly on the other side of the wall, and you hear chunks of the wall fall away, as he begins his climb.

Torl raced forward and cleaved the little bastard in two. Green goo sprayed against the wall, and Torl's falchion is now covered in a foul smelling goo.

The little gremlin reaches the top of the wall 15 feet west from Torl, and it begins slowly walking the length of the wall, looking for its fallen companion. Its staring into the bushes were most of you are hiding. It can't see any of you, but its sniffing the air very rapidly.

Torl is blocked from view by a portion of the wall that sticks out, and thicker vines.

Remove ads