Pain Pride and Prejudice

Arkhandus

First Post
Seamus heads back to the inn while waiting for Arthur to return with his report on the soldiers' disappearance. He retrieves hsi armor and other gear, strapping them on, then returns to the gathering. Seamus shifts his aura to draw on some of Krainatherix's acute draconic senses, to help him and the others keep alert for any further attacks.

"We should be goin' aboot now." the now-armed and armored Seamus O'Brady says upon returning. He graciously accepts the priest's bit of healing, telling him "Thankee, Father Iden." He has his shield strapped on, and a morningstar in hand.

[sblock=ooc]Rolled an 11 Fortitude, and 8 Knowledge (Arcana). Evidently, InvisibleCastle has decided to be terrible today, as this seems to be the trend in each of the games I'm checking.....
1d20+5=11, 1d20+5=8
Switching his Aura to Senses now, for +1 Initiative, Listen, and Spot to those within the Aura.[/sblock]

Theroc

First Post
Scartail nodded at the others, feeling more ready to go about searching. However, just before he went to claim his things, he heard one of the softskins mention gems of somesort being left as corpses.

He peers over to examine the thing, pondering and wracking his brain for any possible information lost in there. Perhaps the tribes shaman's mentioned such a thing?

[sblock]
Roll Lookup
7+1=8(I doubt Scartail knows anything)[/sblock]

Jemal

Adventurer
Michaels eyes glow slightly as he looks at the gems. Though he has no actual training in understanding magical effects, he is able to see magic.

[sblock=ooc]
Detect Magic, and Int Check (1d20=15)
No knowledge: Arcane, Michael never actually 'studied' anything. he only has planes b/c he's encountered extraplanar creatures before and seems to 'understand' them more easily.
[/sblock]

pneumatik

The 8th Evil Sage
Torl looks at the gems Edwards is holding, but he doesn't see anything of special. "So, they ate them? Maybe payment to the demon-imps from someone, maybe the man?"

He looks at the group. "I think we're ready, yes?"

[sblock=int check]Int check for the green gems: (1d20+1=10). Yup, they're gems. (Not Jems, b/c then they'd be Illusions.)[/sblock]

Tiali

First Post
Michael and Rungner both recognize the gems, and Michael is able to tell that they are magical.

The gems are not actually gems, just very similar. They are the Recondite crystals that have become frequently used in the southlands to fuel new technologies. Each crystal holds an impressive amount of energy, that can be used to power artificial lamps, vehicles, and weapons.

Michael through your Detect Magic, you are also able to determine strength, and each of these crystals are nearly full; energy wise. Meaning they were either created recently or recharged recently. Two hours ago at max, probably less.

Jemal

Adventurer
Michael glances from the crystal to the gore splattered remains, curious. "Strange.. these could prove useful, would you mind if I took one?They are newly made Recondite crystals - Magical energy sources made to power technology - But why would they be inside these beasts?" He shakes his head as he informs those gathered what they are and asks Arthur for one. "But the answer to that question can wait until the child is safe.. or perhaps it will be discovered along the way. In either case, we all seem to be ready to go. Good luck, Arthur." He nods to the half-orc then turns and begins heading into the forest with the others (Whether Arthur gives him a crystal or not.)
As they walk, Michael speaks to his new companions"By the way, those were not demons, I can sense the 'otherness' of extraplanar creatures and got no such feelings from them."

Arkhandus

First Post
Seamus says "Aye, 'tis time we be searchin' for the lad an' the good-for-nothin's what started this." He points his morningstar where they're headed, then starts marching that way, staying at the front of the group as best he can, though his rune-etched breastplate, helm, greaves, and pauldrons slow him down. He's brought his pack mule along, trotting behind him with the reins gripped loosely in his shield-hand.

The highlander speaks again once the other volunteer imp-hunters show up. "By the by, mah nayme's Seamus O'Brady, if'n yeh cayre. 'Tis praw-bably bayest if weh ken one 'nother's fightin' styles afore we git ouwrseylves in too deep. I ain't much good wit' me cross-bow, but I'm right dead-lay wit' this 'ere when I c'n git behind mah foes wit' a partner." He raises his morningstar high for a moment, then continues "Trained in a m'litia, I dihd, so's I ken teamwohrk. An' yeh c'n shoorely fehl mah aura o' power, sharp'nin' yer senses? Tha's a trick I learnt a li'l why-el back. Mah aura c'n lessen yer woonds if thay're sere-ious, as I dihd fer thay others in tha village. But nae both tricks at wohnce."

Seamus O'Brady is of average height and a bit heavy, with the muscles of one who works or fights more than the average fella, and a bit of a gut. His skin is lightly tanned and his face is broad, with a strong chin and cheekbones, sideburns, and curly brown hair. His eyes are the same shade of brown, and his voice carries the distinctive brogue of a southern highlander.

He wears simple traveling clothes of brown and gray, but under his large, hooded cloak is a rune-crested, open-faced helm and a suit of enruned plates covering his chest, back, forelegs, and shoulders. A large round-shield of oak is strapped to his left arm, while a finely-crafted morningstar in his right hand. A crossbow hangs behind him, next to his backpack, and pouches hang from his belt opposite the morningstar's carrying case. A carved, wooden symbol of Bahamut, the Platinum Dragon, hangs from a simple cord around his neck, and a mule follows along, carrying the rest of his modest supplies in its saddlebags. It doesn't look like he intends to leave his gear in the village while those soldiers are mysteriously absent, probably up to some skullduggery.

Jemal

Adventurer
The tall Red-head nods to the Highlander as he walks alongside him "I am Michael Cale, last living member of the 'Bronze Warrior' Mercenary Brigade. As for what I can do.." He holds out his well-crafted maul in both hands and wisps of purplish red energy run down the shaft, coalescing at the head as he smashes it into a nearby rock with a mighty crack, chips tinging off his magical armour.

"I bring destruction."

[sblock=ooc]
Hideous Blow Power Attack vs Rock. ;) (1d10+2d6+8=21)
And yes, he's a bit of a show-off.
[/sblock]

bedford

First Post
"I am a decent swordsman, I can do some minor healing if need be, but most of all I am a great wrestler, I even squeezed the life out of an ogre once.. The huge man proudly declares. He then continues not as loudly. " although I have to work on my tecnique I seem to open myself up for attacks when i apply my bearhug.. I think we will make a good team with all our special skills"

Tiali

First Post
You take a few moments to gather your things. Everyone is armored and armed before leaving.

Everyone begins their trek due north from Rawee. The forest around you begins as just sparse trees, one every 5-10 feet. Plenty of walking room, and plenty of space. After about an hour of walking due north, the trees become more crowded. The foliage begins to dim the sunlight, and it gets a little harder to see.

Without being able to see the sun, you have a harder time following due north, but continue in the direction you were going.

About halfway through your second hour of walking, you all see a grove of sunlight ahead. As you get closer you notice that it is a fairly large clearing in the trees, and within that clearing is a small temple. You see a stone wall, covered in vines, roughly 10 feet in height. The stones themselves have been damaged from time. Looking at the wall, you believe that it is the vines alone keeping this wall standing. The stones are too worn, too cracked to stand alone.

All you can see from outside the wall is a single spire in the center of the courtyard. The spire is about 15 feet off the ground and ends in broken stones. It looks as if the spire went higher at one point, but due to its very old age, it toppled under its own weight and fell eastward.

From where you are standing it would appear that the wall surrounds the inner workings of this ancient temple. However, it is a large area, and you cannot see the entirety of the wall. You also see no entrances, on the southern wall.

A very large bird flies out of the broken spire, and circles above you several times. It mainly looks black, with a long yellow beak. The feathers on its spread wings reflect the sunlight in such a way that its wing feathers reflect different colors in different positions.

The rainbow winged bird circles several more times, and then lands on the wall above you. It cocks its head to stare at you, and takes a moment to look each of you over.

[sblock=OOC] Those of you who did not get your introductions, can still add those during the walking time.

I will need a spot and listen check from everyone in the group. This spot and listen check may determine your actions over the next few moments, so please do not go too far in your description of your actions, until you have received success/failure notice.
[/sblock]

Remove ads