D&D 4E Paizo and 4e - Vive le Revolution!

tenkar

Old School Blogger
For HIM it is a legitimate desire... doesn't mean it is feasible, which is the issue here.

I find 3.75 an interesting idea, and I'd probably purchase it to see what they did with the system, but I doubt I would game with it. Since I doubt I would game with it, I sincerely doubt I would buy any supplemental releases.

I suspect that those that would be involved in 3.75 see that in the long term, and maybe even the short term, 3.75 isn't feasible.

The feasibility doesn't make the desire of certain posters any less legitimate.

Rechan

Adventurer
I should've specified that 3.75 isn't a viable alternative to 4e, not that it isn't a legitimate desire. It is - I understand the displeasure.

But continually making the case that it's a feasible option is the issue I'm disputing.

tenkar

Old School Blogger
I like the idea of 3.75 purely for selfish reasons... I'd love to see what Paizo and Necromancer would do with the ruleset. I'm also looking forward to 4.0

3.75 would be hard put to make an initial profit IMHO let alone have long term viability.

GVDammerung

First Post
Orcus said:
Sorry. I wasnt trying to be mean to you GVD. I appreciate your thoughts and your desire to start this thread. That is just a pet peeve of mine. So I probably sounded a little more grouchy in my answer than I needed to. Its not your fault. It is certainly something that is repeated by lots of people as fact, when it isnt, and I wanted to stop it. But you didnt deserve me to make such a resounding post that seemed to criticize you. You were just repeating what you heard. In putting a stop to that, I wasnt trying to bust on you.

Clark

No problem. :) Thank you the clarification. :)

GVDammerung

First Post
jasin said:
2/3 is toast while 1/3 is a viable market?

2/3rds is toast for a company of Wotc's size. Paizo, Necro et al. are not Wotc's size. For them, I suspect 1/3rd of the D&D audience would mean breaking out vintage champagne.

GVDammerung

First Post
Nellisir said:
Heh. Funny. :) All I'm saying is, Erik Mona and Clark have made their preference -not- to publish 3.75 pretty clear, yet GVD happily swings along, . . . It's pointless either way.

"Preference." My preference would be to, among other things, win a billion dollars. But I don't control that. Neither to Paizo and Necro have full control over how 4e rolls out with the OGL etc.. Although - maybe Orcus has input or has had communication at this point with Wotc etc. where there is certainty about the 4e OGL and d20 license. In the latter case, if so and if Paizo and Necro are happy, then and only then is 3.75 a dead horse. Otherwise, the horse remains upright, if albeit a long shot in the race.

It's my windmill and I'll tilt at it if I want to. :)

GVQ - Glenn Vincent Quixote :p

Remove ads