Paizo PaizoCon Online Coming In May

PaizoCon 2020 was cancelled recently for obvious reasons, but Paizo has just announced an online convention for May 26-31. Steve Jackson Games' FnordCon also did this recently, and Origins is doing it this year. Here's the announcement! Paizo is excited to announce that PaizoCon 2020 will be online! The annual game convention of all-things-Paizo, originally scheduled for Memorial Day...

PaizoCon 2020 was cancelled recently for obvious reasons, but Paizo has just announced an online convention for May 26-31. Steve Jackson Games' FnordCon also did this recently, and Origins is doing it this year.

821019_paizocononline2020.png

Here's the announcement!

Paizo is excited to announce that PaizoCon 2020 will be online! The annual game convention of all-things-Paizo, originally scheduled for Memorial Day Weekend in Seattle, will fall-back, regroup, and expand to six days of gaming at a safe social distance online May 26-31.

The event will include seminars and live-plays on Twitch, games scheduled via Warhorn and run on a variety of VTT platforms such as Roll20, Fantasy Grounds, Astral, and D20Pro, an official PaizoCon Online Discord server as a general hangout for con-goers, plus blogs on paizo.com, and more!

A PaizoCon Online 2020 homepage with schedules, game registration, and more details is scheduled to go live on May 1. Players can create a paizo.com account and get an organized play number in preparation today. GMs can sign up at Warhorn. For more information, email paizocononline@paizo.com.

This could be really good for Paizo.
I'm sure there are a lot of people curious about PF2 and a free online convention might attract them to test the game.

It's not a lot of time to plan though.
And I don't recall seeing any Pathfinder Society modules on Roll20 and it would be irritating of Paizo to expect GMs to buy the Pathfinder rules modules AND import the adventures into that platform.
I hope something is being done for the people running the games...

Retreater

Legend
I bought the PF2 rules on Roll20 and am in the process of converting my Age of Ashes campaign to the VTT. The process has been ... pretty terrible.
The compendium doesn't work. Character sheets have almost no automation. Items have no information attached to be dropped into the character sheet (or even looked up). Vital rule functions (such as multiple attack penalty) don't exist.
Again, if you have a longsword you have to create the d@mn longsword in the character action slot and put in every single die and descriptor and math out your bonuses.
Imagine doing this for all the monsters that aren't in the Bestiary for every attack and every action. Cause that's what I've been doing. Days of programming. Trying to make NPC spellcasters with no character builder.
This is after spending around $80-90.
It's a nightmare to run.

Pathfinder 2E Announces Bestiary 3 and Ancestry Guide for 2021

The Pathfinder: Lost Omens Ancestry Guide will provide more ancestries for players to choose from, including leshies (sentient plant-like creatures), lizardfolk, and androids. Other ancestries included in the Lost Omens Ancestry Guide include hobgoblins, sprites, kitsunes, and versatile ancestries like genie-kin that can be combined with any other ancestry. Rules for fleshwarped characters will also be included.

The Bestiary 3 will round out a trilogy of Pathfinder 2E Bestiary books and will have an "urban" theme. One of the unique parts of the book is rules for handling troops of multiple soldiers to allow for combat against a large number of foes. Paizo also confirmed that Imperial Dragons will appear in Bestiary 3, as will Sakhils, a corrupted type of psychopomp. Other monsters mentioned include Tooth Fairies and hyakume, which is a sorcerer monster made of eyeballs that is based on Japanese folklore.

Remove ads

Remove ads