D&D 5E Paizo's 'The Abomination Vaults' Pathinder AP Coming to 5E

Paizo is set to release one of its adventure paths--The Abomination Vaults--for D&D 5E in November. The AP will be compiled as a hardcover and retail for $59.99. There will also be a Pathfinder 2E version of the hardcover. The 3-part adventure path was originally released for Pathfinder 2E in early 2021, and is a big dungeon crawl adventure. When the mysterious Gauntlight, an eerie...

Paizo is set to release one of its adventure paths--The Abomination Vaults--for D&D 5E in November. The AP will be compiled as a hardcover and retail for $59.99. There will also be a Pathfinder 2E version of the hardcover.

The 3-part adventure path was originally released for Pathfinder 2E in early 2021, and is a big dungeon crawl adventure.

PZO2034.png

When the mysterious Gauntlight, an eerie landlocked lighthouse, glows with baleful light, the people of Otari know something terrible is beginning. Evil stirs in the depths of the Abomination Vaults, a sprawling dungeon where a wicked sorcerer attempted to raise an army of monsters hundreds of years ago. The town's newest heroes must venture into a sprawling dungeon filled with beasts and traps to prevent a spiteful spellcaster from rising again!

This complete compilation of the original Adventure Path campaign has been adapted to the newest version of the world’s oldest RPG. You’ve heard about the quality and depth of Pathfinder campaigns for years—now explore the Abomination Vaults yourself without having to learn a new game system!

teitan

Legend
So a guy with a small YouTube channels speculating about the RPG industry is, to you, the same as that looney bin of a fringe conspiracy group ruining lives and getting people killed? Holy…wow, dude. That’s an out there hot take you have. No wonder he booted you.
Way to go extreme there buddy. There is a difference between a QAnon influencer than the whackadoos who did those things. Ciao now.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
...anyway,

How cool is it that you can play Pathfinder's The Abomination Vaults adventure path in 5E D&D? I think it's pretty cool, and I hope it shows a demand for more Pathfinder-5E crossovers in the future. I like the Pathfinder campaign setting and the world of Golarion, and I like the rules mechanics of 5E...so it would be nice to have products that save me the trouble of combining the two.

James Jacobs

Adventurer
Or shackled city?
Not as much. To me, the draw of Age of Worms (or Savage Tide, for that matter) being compiled into a hardcover is that this puts it all in one much more durable spot, in a format that can be bought and reprinted, and that isn't disrupted by advertisements. That's in part why I mentioned I'd be delighted to see Age of Worms compiled into ANY game system. Even if it's just right back into 3.5.

We've already done this for Shackled City, so I don't have much of a need for it to happen again, personally.

Azgulor

Adventurer
I don't think Pathfinder 2 works all that well with large-scale sandboxes meant for a large span of levels, because of the way numbers scale with level. <snip>
My Pathfinder campaigns of the last two years would disagree with you. PF2 has actually made sandbox gaming easier to run than it was in PF1.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
It's kind of unfair for me to complain about combat speed. I cut my gaming teeth on the BECM rules, so any combat sequence that takes more than 10 minutes is going to feel sluggish and frustrating...and that applies to every game edition since.

That's my problem, though, not the game system(s).

dave2008

Legend
My Pathfinder campaigns of the last two years would disagree with you. PF2 has actually made sandbox gaming easier to run than it was in PF1.
The only stumbling block with PF2 and a sandbox is the +3/-3 range of adversaries. IMO, a sandbox should have a much larger range, but that is not the case for everyone.

dave2008

Legend
It's kind of unfair for me to complain about combat speed. I cut my gaming teeth on the BECM rules, so any combat sequence that takes more than 10 minutes is going to feel sluggish and frustrating...and that applies to every game edition since.

That's my problem, though, not the game system(s).
It has been a long time since I played BECMI, but I don't remember the combats really being any longer or shorter than what we have in 5e. I mean technically they were longer in BECMI days since we have adapted some speed strategies because of 4e. But If I remove them, I feel the combats move forward about a similar pace. What, in your memory, made BECM fast for you?

Remove ads

Remove ads