Pathfinder Abomination Vaults Hack & Slash Game Coming To Kickstarter

The first ever Action Role-Playing Game (ARPG) based on Pathfinder!

BKOM Studios and Paizo are proud to reveal “Pathfinder: Abomination Vaults,” the first ever Action Role-Playing Game (ARPG) based on the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game!

unnamed.png

When the wicked sorceress Belcorra Haruvex returns to haunt her home of Gauntlight Keep, she assembles an army of monsters, beasts, and abominations to take her revenge against those who wronged her in life. Delve into Gauntlight Keep to battle deadly monsters and abominations on your way to put an end to Belcorra Haruvex and her evil schemes. You and up to three of your friends will lead iconic Pathfinder heroes, including Amiri and Ezren, through the sprawling dungeon on your quest to eradicate the evil sorceress.

The project is set to be launched on Kickstarter later this month. If you want to stay up-to-date or get notified when the campaign starts, head over to the pre-launch page here.

“Launching a Kickstarter campaign for ‘Pathfinder: Abomination Vaults’ gives us the opportunity to share our own excitement and anticipation around the project with the IP's fans, from the get-go,” said Frederic Martin, CEO at BKOM Studios.

“With Kickstarter, we can directly reach players and supporters, and offer them a chance to bring the game to life with us,” Martin added, “and by creating this communication channel with the fans, the campaign is a vehicle that allows us to build an even stronger, deeper and more meaningful game, which we believe every Pathfinder enthusiast deserves.”

As it gets closer to the launch, more details will be revealed on Twitter, Discord, Twitch, and Facebook accounts. You can also watch the announcement video here.

Dawn Dalton

Dawn Dalton

Thanks for posting. Im curious, the 30 Canadian increase tier just tosses in a digital manual and discord title? Seems like a lot of money for not a lot of stuff. 🤷‍♂️
Yeah... I backed at the base $40 CAD tier. I don't think I've ever used a digital manual, most games have some form of tutorial in the initial levels anyhow.

Kichwas

Half-breed, still living despite WotC racism
Will this be based on PF2E or PF1E rules? The game company that made Kingmaker and it's sequel game used PF1E as inhouse that's what they play, so I skipped buying those.

Hopefully the team behind this one is using the current game's rules.

Will this be based on PF2E or PF1E rules? The game company that made Kingmaker and it's sequel game used PF1E as inhouse that's what they play, so I skipped buying those.

Hopefully the team behind this one is using the current game's rules.
Since they're going the ARPG route, I'm guessing neither ruleset. If anything, they'll be based on a TTRPG ruleset about as much as the console Baldur's Gate D&D games which if I remember right had some basic stuff like the 6 stats and AC, but that's about it.

Project has been gaining backers slowly, but finally reached it's funding goal last night with 8 days to go. I'd guess they'll reveal the additional stretch goals today to give it a final push in the last week.

Kichwas

Half-breed, still living despite WotC racism
Update posted today says the game will release on Good Old Games in addition to the previously announced Steam, so that will be an option to receive a key for if you're not a fan of Steam's platform for whatever reason.
Yeah. I like having my games off platform and on my own install, where I can play them without being spammed for badges I've won, or having people I know comment on how much time I do or don't spend on this or that game. Is that what Good Old Games would offer?

That said, for me most of the appeal goes away if it's not based on the PF2E ruleset. Outside of MMOs I've never been much of a video gamer. I've bought a lot of games over the years that got played for a few minutes and then forgotten. I need a hook to reel me in. But I imagine that same choice will gain them more sales than it costs. I just wish it was more of a mechanism towards driving people to the tRPG.

Remove ads

Remove ads