Pathfinder 1E Paizo's Ultimate Equipment book...

Treebore

First Post
My current "go to" equipment book is Kenzer's. Its pretty darn awesome! Sounds like the main difference this book would give is it includes magic stuff. So can anyone give me a rough percentage of how much this book is about magic?

Derfmancher

First Post
If you include arms and armor, as well as rings, rods and staffs (as I do)
~Pages 115 through the wounderous items and artifacts that end on page 359 would qualify. The wonderous items alone are a fair part of the book, separated by slot and sorted by price.

Without the arms and armor/rings and rods, the overall percent of the book that is magic items drops a lot. There is however a whole section of the mundane gear that is devoted to alchemy (that the alchemist in my last campaign was delighted to see) additionally there are a number of new magic items however it is not a 'complete' set. Several of the new ones are class specific for classes that where added with AP.

Overall its one of my groups favorite books for me to bring, but one that only really a GM or equipment monger (like myself) will need/enjoy.

I strongly recommend checking it out at your local FLGS before you buy it.

Treebore

First Post
If you include arms and armor, as well as rings, rods and staffs (as I do)
~Pages 115 through the wounderous items and artifacts that end on page 359 would qualify. The wonderous items alone are a fair part of the book, separated by slot and sorted by price.

Without the arms and armor/rings and rods, the overall percent of the book that is magic items drops a lot. There is however a whole section of the mundane gear that is devoted to alchemy (that the alchemist in my last campaign was delighted to see) additionally there are a number of new magic items however it is not a 'complete' set. Several of the new ones are class specific for classes that where added with AP.

Overall its one of my groups favorite books for me to bring, but one that only really a GM or equipment monger (like myself) will need/enjoy.

I strongly recommend checking it out at your local FLGS before you buy it.

I'll try, but my "LGS" is over an hour away. It would be far more practical, and cheaper than the gas, to just buy the PDF to check it out. Sounds like there is more than enough magic to make this a great companion book to my Kenzer Goods and Gear book, as well as all the others I own.

DragonLancer

Adventurer
I bought it on a whim as a review I saw claimed it contained a ton of new equipment and magic items. I was also wanting a random treasure generator.

In the end it is simply a collection of non-setting specific equipment and magic items. There isn't an awful lot of new material which I was dissapointed by but on the other hand it is a more conveniant collection all in one place.

I think it is worth it just based on that.

BuzzardB

First Post
I bought it and think its pretty nice, but I wish I had waited for a second printing or something with errata in it. There are some poorly prices items in it such as the Bracers of Archery, Lesser vs the Bracers of Falcon's Aim.

Thats:

+1 competence bonus on attack rolls and no bonus on damage rolls. - 5000g

vs

You gain a +3 competence bonus on Perception checks, a +1 competence bonus on ranged attacks, and the critical multiplier for your bows and crossbows becomes 19–20/×3 - 4000g

Treebore

First Post
I bought it and think its pretty nice, but I wish I had waited for a second printing or something with errata in it. There are some poorly prices items in it such as the Bracers of Archery, Lesser vs the Bracers of Falcon's Aim.

Thats:

+1 competence bonus on attack rolls and no bonus on damage rolls. - 5000g

vs

You gain a +3 competence bonus on Perception checks, a +1 competence bonus on ranged attacks, and the critical multiplier for your bows and crossbows becomes 19–20/×3 - 4000g

Isn't it uncommon, even rare, for Paizo to do second printings?

At least they are pretty good about assembling errata.

BuzzardB

First Post
Well they reprint their hardcover books, but not their softcover ones.

I believe most of their hardcovers have had at least 2 printing runs, CRB has had 5 now im pretty sure.

Matthias

Explorer
Though it may be two "editions" behind, I've kept the Arms & Equipment Guide with my PF books for when I need something a little more exotic than what's in the standard line of SRD items. Ultimate Equipment's additional stuff makes our choices even greater. It would be so nice if WOTC would rescind some of their closed content like this (assuming that's possible).

Remove ads