Paladin in need of a PrC

kingpaul

First Post
IMC, I'm playing a female gnome paladin of a fertility goddess. With this in mind, can anyone think of a PrC that would fit her? I'd go Cleric, but don't want to get hit with the XP penalties.

Bonedagger

First Post
If you're 8th or more levels.... Divine Agent? (From MotP)

"Clerics and paladins make excellent divine agents, ..." (MotP p.24)

Last edited:

Utrecht

First Post
Well,

The first question that leaps to mind is why do you want a PrC? and what are you looking for out of a PrC?

That being said, I would suggest a Hospatalier (sp) since your goddess has a "medical" side to here

kingpaul

First Post
Utrecht said:
The first question that leaps to mind is why do you want a PrC? and what are you looking for out of a PrC?
I'm looking for a PrC for a possible change of pace. But, I really don't want to have to sacrifice the XP penalty to pick up a new core class.

reiella

Explorer
Hmm, well there's always Illusionist.

One bit of warning, don't select a PrC for a change of pace. Most (should) require that you grow into them, and further specialize and typically result in you having fewer options than a similiar Char level character without a PrC.

Of course, the should is there because that is arguably often not the case :).

Truthfully though, if you just want a change of pace, try playing with a different selection of skills, or if it is combat heavy, change weapons (like say from a Longsword to something 'odd' like a Glaive) or just consider different ways or spells to use that you have access to.

Going the route of the Illusionist will sting because you'll lose access to further advancement as a Paladin, unless you can manage to convince your DM to waive that however.

kingpaul

First Post
reiella said:
Hmm, well there's always Illusionist.
I thought about that. However, Amadar (the Paladin's name) has maxed out Perform, as she is also musically inclined, and its one of her goddesses minor portfolios. However, my DM won't allow lawful Bards.

RogueJK

It's not "Rouge"... That's makeup.
How many ranks of Perform do you have? Are you buying these as cross-class skills, or did you spend a feat on Cosmopolitan (or something along those lines) to get Perform as a class skill?

Since your character is musically inclined, you might consider the Virtuoso from Song & Silence. It requires 10 ranks in Perform and 6 ranks in Diplomacy or Intimidate, as well as the ability to cast 0-level arcane spells (so you'll need to take at least 1 level of Illusionist). This probably isn't a viable choice if Perform is still a cross-class skill, since it would require you to be at least 17th level before you could start taking levels in Virtuoso...

The Virtuoso grants many bard-like abilities, such as Bardic Music and various music and performance-based abilities, without the "non-lawful" restriction. Plus, it grants full spellcasting progression, so you can continue progressing in your Paladin or Illusionist spellcasting ability.

Last edited:

mikebr99

Explorer
How about the Contemplative PrC?

Your spellcasting would still improve; You'd get 2 domains (prestige or otherwise), and their powers; spell resistance; your lay on hands would also increase; damage reduction; and you become an outsider... there is more stuff in there, but this is the major ones.

The Mystic Wanderer (MoF) might also suit your deity... though you're going to have to give up your Full Plate.

Mike

Remove ads