• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Paladin Variants

matthewajg

First Post
Is anyone aware of Paladin class variants (any WoTc 3.5 rulebooks allowed), and variant options for the Paladin's warhorse? I am considering playing a paladin in an urban environment where a warhorse would be unwieldy, and I am interested in alternate class features that might be available.

Let the suggestions begin! :)

Rhun

First Post
I believe the PHBII has Alternate Class features, but I'm not sure it has one for the mount. I'm not at home right now or I would check.

javcs

First Post
PHBII has Charging Smite, instead of a mount, you deal extra damage per pally level on a smite after a charge, and if it misses the smite doesn't count as used.
Complete Warrior might have something, but I think it's only for swapping out spell-casting for some other abilities.

rgard

Adventurer
matthewajg said:
Is anyone aware of Paladin class variants (any WoTc 3.5 rulebooks allowed), and variant options for the Paladin's warhorse? I am considering playing a paladin in an urban environment where a warhorse would be unwieldy, and I am interested in alternate class features that might be available.

Let the suggestions begin! :)

UA has the following:

1. Variant alignment Paladins...some of the abilities and class list change a little too.
2. PrC Paladin. Levels of Cleric and Fighter can get you qualified.

Thanks,
Rich

fafhrd

First Post
If you have access to it, check out the Divine Spirit ability in Dungeonscape. Swaps for the mount and gives you an interesting set of abilities.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
fafhrd said:
If you have access to it, check out the Divine Spirit ability in Dungeonscape. Swaps for the mount and gives you an interesting set of abilities.
It's really cool -- and on WotC's site, too.

rgard

Adventurer
Rhun said:
I really like the Prestige Paladin...works out nicely, and makes a lot of sense.

Agreed. I haven't had the chance to play one, but it looks fun. Also, I prefer the PrC Bard to the core version.

Thanks,
Rich

hanniball

First Post
You could fall and become a Blackguard. You'll lose your mount and get a Fiendish Servant, among other things, in return. It's probably not along the lines of what you were considering, but it works.

Either way...just my 2 cp

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads