Pandemic: How will you continue to enjoy your hobbies?

dragoner

KosmicRPG.com
Snowy pandemic reading, brand new, just delivered:

file.php

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Sick players are not welcomed to my table. If too many of us are sick we postpone. Because my wife as an immune condition we do not play at our home.
I’m not talking sick, I’m talking about the players some know only as anecdotes, but some of us have dealt with in person: smelly, questionable bathroom habits, nose-pickers, etc.

IOW, Troglodytes. Typhoid Geeks. Human rats. Cat Piss Men.

I‘ve been in groups with these guys*. They’re tolerated because they almost invariably seem to be good gamers. It’s their inability to be good civilized humans that’s the issue.

* yes, so far, it’s always been guys,

atanakar

Hero
I’m not talking sick, I’m talking about the players some know only as anecdotes, but some of us have dealt with in person: smelly, questionable bathroom habits, nose-pickers, etc.
I‘ve been in groups with these guys*. They’re tolerated because they almost invariably seem to be good gamers. It’s their inability to be good civilized humans that’s the issue.

I've had a few over the years. My experience with them showed that they were not good players.

• One the was misogynistic, rude and made sexist jokes to my wife during games.
  • Another popped his zits and wiped the «juice» on the table cloth.
  • A weird one would get up, grab food and drinks from the fridge, eat our own food in our faces without permission.
  • Finally, one would pee every where but in the toilet.

They were all kicked out immediately. I have no patience for them.

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Supporter
In highschool I had some patience for guys like that, but I try to at least pretend to be a grownup, and that kind of behavior is offside. I did play in a campaign once hosted by a very strange guy who had many ferrets and some questionable hygiene. I don't have fond memories. Neither of of him or his stanky house, nor in fact, or his 7ft tall CN Jester character.

Zardnaar

Legend

1 female with me. She left all the left over takeaways in her room for months. That smell sunk into her clothes.

Kinda forget telling her game time.

Last edited:

pcrotteau

Explorer
I'm going to cancel the local organized play for now. Might try discord if I can set it up.

My BIG problem is my son. He's my gamer buddy, but this week is kicking his ass.

This is his final year of school before college next fall, and he was as busier than a one armed paper hanger. He had 2 orchestra concerts and a solo competition canceled this week. His trip to Europe (France and Germany) with the Youth Symphony "postponed" until ? He normally has 3 rehearsals a week at different locations besides the after school orchestra and musical rehearsals. 3 weeks off school is going to be rough for him.

Next month is a band trip to Orlando, maybe.

He's not showing interest in gaming. Gods and Magic was a book he looked forward to getting, but he only looked at it for a few minutes. Normally my books disappear for months before I get them back. He wouldn't answer about playing any board games, so I'm playing zombicide alone.

I'm worried for his state of mind, don't know what I can do to get him going again.

Practicing his music isn't helping and he's getting mouthy.

Remove ads