Parachute Fund for WotC employees looking to leave

xiphumor

Legend
Blue skying here. Feel free to shoot this down as a stupid idea.

WotC/Hasbro is clearly abusive to their employees who actually care about the game. Is there any way we could crowdsource a Parachute Fund for the designers, developers, and artists so that they can resign without endangering their livelihoods? What would that require?

I ask partly because we’ve already cancelled our subscriptions and it wasn’t enough. I’d like to find a way to shout louder in a language WotC understands.

EDIT: Please understand, this isn’t simply charity. Onboarding new talent costs thousands of dollars, and if Hasbro is suddenly losing talent, that might say even more to them than losing D&D beyond subscriptions.

Last edited:

xiphumor

Legend
Good idea.

Also ... how much money would we have to raise for Paizo to buy D&D from Hasbro?
Probably hundreds of millions of dollars. But I think we could reasonably get a few thousand dollars for a couple dozen WotC employees. Even if we can just cover a month of rent for each of them, that would be a big deal.

Also ... how much money would we have to raise for Paizo to buy D&D from Hasbro?
They're not going to sell it until they realize how far they've run it into the ground, by which point they will have run it so far into the ground that it will be sold very cheaply indeed.

A couple billion dollars could probably effect a hostile takeover of Hasbro though. So if there's any multi-billionaires slumming around these boards... just a thought.

Probably hundreds of millions of dollars. But I think we could reasonably get a few thousand dollars for a couple dozen WotC employees. Even if we can just cover a month of rent for each of them, that would be a big deal.

WotC is likely a package deal, which means MtG as well , so your looking at more like a multi-billion dollar price tag.

xiphumor

Legend
I’d like to restate my intention here before this gets too far off. As nice as it would be to buy D&D from WotC, all I’m talking about is allowing individual employees who work for WotC to leave their jobs safely by giving them each… I don’t know… $1K to $5K if they leave the company so that they can pay for rent and food while looking for a new job.

aco175

Legend
I would be more willing to contribute to something like this if these people we being fired or losing jobs from cancelled projects. If they just want to quit, I would advise to find a new job first. Being able to pay your rent and feed your children has to come before your pride- most of the time.

Sacrosanct

Legend
I’d like to restate my intention here before this gets too far off. As nice as it would be to buy D&D from WotC, all I’m talking about is allowing individual employees who work for WotC to leave their jobs safely by giving them each… I don’t know… $1K to $5K if they leave the company so that they can pay for rent and food while looking for a new job.
Have you seen rent in Seattle? They’d need about $15,000 each for enough time to pay bills and transition to new work lol.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases