Parachute Fund for WotC employees looking to leave

Blue skying here. Feel free to shoot this down as a stupid idea.

WotC/Hasbro is clearly abusive to their employees who actually care about the game. Is there any way we could crowdsource a Parachute Fund for the designers, developers, and artists so that they can resign without endangering their livelihoods? What would that require?

I ask partly because we’ve already cancelled our subscriptions and it wasn’t enough. I’d like to find a way to shout louder in a language WotC understands.

EDIT: Please understand, this isn’t simply charity. Onboarding new talent costs thousands of dollars, and if Hasbro is suddenly losing talent, that might say even more to them than losing D&D beyond subscriptions.
I don't imagine many of them want to outright leave because of this even if they disagreed.

Also things are already changing. The Royalties and several other things are going away.

They are adults and they can choose to work there or go elsewhere. If they get fired for speaking out then they will get severance or have the courts to appeal to for damages. If they quit, then that is their choice.

If I were tossing cash around to help someone it would be for a legal fund to help protect the OGL and much smaller businesses with employees that do not have all the benefits of being a subsidiary of Hasbro. Or buy directly from them.

xiphumor

Legend
I don't imagine many of them want to outright leave because of this even if they disagreed.

Also things are already changing. The Royalties and several other things are going away.
I said feel free to shoot down the idea, and I’ll accept it being shot down. However, I want to go on record and say I’m suspicious about the royalties but of how specific they were about “royalties” going away. Right now, my money is on them using some other kind of fee structure that is also prohibitively expensive.

Clint_L

Hero
As far as I can find, no one has alleged any "abuse" claims against WotC as an employer. I'm confused. We are supposed to fund a golden parachute for what, exactly? If there has been "abuse," by all means the employees should seek legal remedies. Why on earth should should I be paying? Hasbro should be paying, if "abuse" has happened! They have billions of dollars!

But as far as I can find, "abuse" hasn't happened.

Clint_L

Hero
I said feel free to shoot down the idea, and I’ll accept it being shot down. However, I want to go on record and say I’m suspicious about the royalties but of how specific they were about “royalties” going away. Right now, my money is on them using some other kind of fee structure that is also prohibitively expensive.
Fair enough, but I am very confused as to how the line is drawn from "I disagree with Hasbro's corporate policies" to "Hasbro abuses its employees." That seems borderline libellous.

Remove ads