Level Up (A5E) Paranormal Power and Psionic Heritages/Cultures

So... little playful tidbit from Paranormal Power:

The characters with wild hair colors are Elan. I worked on that release with Josh, and he worked with me on Paranormal Power. We slipped the Elan into both books.

Also the Thoughtform Sorcerer image? Is a Talos, from Dose of Dungeonpunk.

Now we just need to wait for you to know what the girl with the red lines on her face is from another release.
I hadn't fully looked into the slice of psionics book, are they compatible w/ the ParaPwr content since they were both worked on together? or are they diff attempts/looks at the psionic system independent of each other?

Steampunkette

Rules Tinkerer and Freelance Writer
Supporter
I hadn't fully looked into the slice of psionics book, are they compatible w/ the ParaPwr content since they were both worked on together? or are they diff attempts/looks at the psionic system independent of each other?
The Slice of Psionics book focuses entirely on the Elan as a psychic heritage with traits like telepathy and other psychic options, but they don't have powers in the way an Esper does, no.

Take Psionic Resilience, for example. You gain a number of d6s equal to your proficiency bonus and when you take damage you can use a reaction to roll one or more dice plus Int, Wis, or Cha and reduce the damage by the rolled amount. And regain those dice on a long rest.

They're not psi dice being used for a different purpose. It's just a straight heritage ability with a psionic flavor, and not a separate psionic system.

The Slice of Psionics book focuses entirely on the Elan as a psychic heritage with traits like telepathy and other psychic options, but they don't have powers in the way an Esper does, no.

Take Psionic Resilience, for example. You gain a number of d6s equal to your proficiency bonus and when you take damage you can use a reaction to roll one or more dice plus Int, Wis, or Cha and reduce the damage by the rolled amount. And regain those dice on a long rest.

They're not psi dice being used for a different purpose. It's just a straight heritage ability with a psionic flavor, and not a separate psionic system.
ahhh...ok, fair enough. Thanks for the answer regardless! (y)

Remove ads