Pathfinder 2 Character Sheet #2: Kyra, Human Cleric

It's time for the second of the six Pathfinder 2nd Edition pregenerated characters I'll be sharing with you over the next few days. Thanks to Paizo, I have here Kyra, the human cleric! I was asked what order I was doing these in -- I'm going through them alphabetically (alchemist, cleric, fighter, etc...) Enjoy!

Here's what Paizo's Mark Seifter has to say about Kyra:

"Kyra ... has a bunch of different spells, including fire ray from her domain and a whole lot of heal from channel energy. You may have seen heal before in our Spells blog, but it’s worth looking again a just how flexible this spell makes Kyra at healing her allies, both in combat and out. And let’s not forget that Kyra’s scimitar has the forceful and sweep traits, allowing her to build up momentum as she dances like a dervish in sweeping motions."

Screen Shot 2018-07-13 at 10.46.10.png

Screen Shot 2018-07-13 at 10.33.44.png

Stay tuned tomorrow, as you'll be making the acquaintance of a delightful chap I like to call Valeros, the human fighter!
[FONT=&amp]Save[/FONT][FONT=&amp]Save[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Save[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Save[/FONT]

If you like that kind of detail it seems quite a good atate for a first playtest. I believe a few changes will happen but that game seems fun if you want that kind of game.

Kaodi

Hero
Light seems like it could be a good signalling spell now. Cast Light on an object and give it to the innkeeper. Go into dungeon. If the light goes out before a day has passed assume it means "We're screwed, send help?"

houser2112

Explorer
I hope they ditch the "X Casting" in the spell statblocks. It's clutter and redundant. "[A] V [A] S [A] M" would be better. You only have to define "V", "S", and "M" once in the Spellcasting chapter.

Is the unmodified damage for sling bullets 1d6 + 1, or is this evidence of Dex-to-damage being a thing?

These character sheets only show final results. I like to show the math on my character sheets.

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
In this and the Alchemist yesterday I see a lot of +1 bonuses. Really, I don't want to bother with +1. Either make a bonus meaningful or eliminate it and the rules/time/effort/tracking load that comes with it.

Ghal Maraz

Adventurer
Is the unmodified damage for sling bullets 1d6 + 1, or is this evidence of Dex-to-damage being a thing.

The sling has the Propulsive trait.
If you look at the end of the second page, it's explained what it does: "Add half your Strength bonus to damage rolls".

Kyra's got Strength 14, so bonus +2, halved for the Propulsive trait/tag.

Looks like no at-will offensive cantrip magic for Pathfinder 2. Kyra of the god of fire can shoot a fire ray 5/day, assuming she doesn't use her spell points elsewhere... :/

Part of me wishes Pathfinder 2 had dropped the distinction between Ability Scores and Ability Modifiers. That's always a funky needless distinction, a sacred cow of D&D that Pathfinder no longer needs to keep alive. Especially as rolling for stats isn't likely to be expected.

Stabilise takes two actions and brings someone from 0 to 1 hp at range. It's neat that you can always bring someone back into the fight, but that seems like 5e wack-a-mole healing turned up to 11.

Last edited by a moderator:

Anthro78

Explorer
Looks like no at-will cantrip magic for Pathfinder 2. Kyra of the god of fire can shoot a fire ray 5/day, assuming she doesn't use her spell points elsewhere... :/.

Um, re-read the second sheet. She has cantrips, like always. Fire ray is a domain power which even in PF1 is only available a set number of times per day, usually based on Wisdom for clerics. There's very little change there.

Um, re-read the second sheet. She has cantrips, like always. Fire ray is a domain power which even in PF1 is only available a set number of times per day, usually based on Wisdom for clerics. There's very little change there.

Sorry, typo. The word "offensive" was missed with a last second rephrase. I meant that there was non at-will offensive magic.

It looks like PF2 will be keeping the wizard and sorcerer breaking out the sling or light crossbow for at-will attacks.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases