Pathfinder 2 Character Sheet #6: Ezren, Human Wizard

It's a sad day, because today is the last of our six previews of the Pathfinder 2nd Edition iconic pregenerated characters. But the full playtest is out very soon! Anyhow, today we have Ezren, the human wizard. Amusing factoid -- although Ezren looks old he's only 42, which makes him younger than may people who have played him.

It's a sad day, because today is the last of our six previews of the Pathfinder 2nd Edition iconic pregenerated characters. But the full playtest is out very soon! Anyhow, today we have Ezren, the human wizard. Amusing factoid -- although Ezren looks old he's only 42, which makes him younger than may people who have played him.

Paizo's Mark Seifter says "Ezren’s magic missile is just as flexible as Kyra’s heal, whether you want an all-out-salvo of three missiles or a single missile as a follow-up to another spell. Combined with Drain Arcane Focus to restore the spell, Ezren was consistently the MVP against the boss in most demos we ran, putting out roughly 21 damage automatically over the course of two rounds. His Widen Spell feat is jaw-droppingly effective on spells like fireball, and while it’s much harder to use it to its full potential with burning hands, it does add more than 50% more area, so the few times I saw an Ezren use that combination, he devastated the field."

Screen Shot 2018-07-18 at 10.46.54.png

Screen Shot 2018-07-18 at 10.47.02.png

And that's it for the previews! If you missed any, here are the other five:

I'm guessing an 1 point increase in hardness each spell level.
So it blocks 12 damage at highest level.

A 9th level spell that block up to 12 damage every round. Once it blocks 12 damage it no longer works for 10 minutes. That's a 9th level effect? There exists a 17th level wizard who is getting hit by attacks that do less than 12 damage EVER? Doesn't sound useful to me.

Dalamar

Adventurer
A 9th level spell that block up to 12 damage every round. Once it blocks 12 damage it no longer works for 10 minutes. That's a 9th level effect? There exists a 17th level wizard who is getting hit by attacks that do less than 12 damage EVER? Doesn't sound useful to me.
A 9th level cantrip that blocks 12 damage. And the scaling is just a guess, it could be more, it could be less. It is likely that the recharge duration decreases with the automatic heightening as well.

Remove ads

Remove ads