Pathfinder 2E Pathfinder 2e: is it RAW or RAI to always take 10 minutes and heal between encounters?

Thomas Shey

Legend
Focus fire is difficult because it can be appropriate, but there are also times when it looks like the GM is being cheap. Playing "realistically inefficient" is very much a tightrope walk, and it's easy to fall on the "GM metagaming things to make it extra difficult" side of things as it is to the "GM is just letting us win" side.

Of course, the problem you can run into is that in a lot of games, the PCs are rarely "realistically inefficient"; its often more an issue of the players willingness and ability to be efficient than the characters (this isn't universal, but its common enough to be hard to tease out) and similarly, a lot of NPC groups are not well enough established its always clear what is the actual appropriate level of competence rather than what the GM's view from 40000 feet provides.

The-Magic-Sword

Small Ball Archmage
Largely I play a lot of monsters as semi intelligent, they make good decisions sometimes, but don't necessarily use their powers optimally in ways that only make sense in game mechanics, and they don't play with a perfect understanding of the player's power level. E.g. my Dragons won't focus it's a single person automatically because the Dragon doesn't have any way of knowing it can't just bat the player aside relatively effortlessly-- it'll thrash at multiple players to stomp them like bugs potentially multiple times, until it notices how resilient the players are, and since the battle is usually over in ~30 Seconds (4-6 rounds depending) it won't necessarily figure that out until its already sort of screwed or dead.

That said, I do have some monsters fight more like a pack of wolves, like Ghouls, where that 'feels' right or where the monster is more used to be potentially being an 'underdog' or can feel how powerful the players actually are-- like where they can tell they're outclassed enough to go all in on trying to take something else down or what have you-- conversely the dragon can tell its stronger than the players, just doesn't realize its not by enough not to underestimate them, because like, its a dragon and they tend to be arrogant and look down on adventurers.

kayman

Explorer
No I have started several threads and written countless posts on a large number of issues, oftentimes providing suggestions for fixes and workarounds.

You dismissing all of it as "borderline incoherent" just tells me you aren't genuinely open to the prospect of PF2 being a deeply, deeply flawed game; a game whose design is extreme in a surprising number of regards.

You clearly don't want to listen.

I can only hope that for each person that chooses to deny their chosen game having deep flaws, there exists two persons that are saved a big headache by only going into PF2 knowing what they will be getting.
The only goal of this guy is to bash PF2(Since the beggining). His examples only shows how a bad gm he must be . A game that offers millions of options and has a math that do not break at any level, this for me is a gm dream . But we should all know what kind of gm this guy must be , an arrogant dictator type.

Last edited:

kayman

Explorer
unknown.png

This was my last game, 7 players , numerous npc , foundry and the perfect rules of PF2 . The session was amazing , the vast number of rules was the highlight of the game , every decision that i made as GM was justify , my players knew what they could do and did not expexted that (a dictator) said to then what was allowed .

kayman

Explorer
I propose a debate between this guy (Cappzapp) and Logan or Mark on the design of RPG rules . Let us see how it goes.

Last edited:

kayman

Explorer
By the way this guy has any example of rpg design(a game of his making) to justify the false accusation that he made against PF2?

kayman

Explorer
I can only hope that for each person that chooses to deny their chosen game having deep flaws, there exists two persons that are saved a big headache by only going into PF2 knowing what they will be getting.
Look at the level of arrogance of this statment. We should all listen to the wise words of a nobody.

kayman

Explorer
By the way my games are public , and if this Capzapp want to check please go to the Official Pathfinder Society Brazil (maybe we from the south are to low for his high standart) and check if what i am saying is truth from my last game . PF2 is the most advanced system that i ever gm , and trust me i came all the way back , dnd2 , 3.0 , 3,5 , pf1 (in my heart) and now PF2. But i cant stand come to this site and see the hate and arrogance that this guy pour on the game that a lot of us love.

Remove ads