Pathfinder 2E Pathfinder 2E's African-inspired Sourcebook

Paizo has announced Lost Omens: Mwangi Expanse for June 2021, a setting sourcebook which delves into an African-themed area of Golarion. At over 300 pages, the book also includes six new ancestries -- Anadi, Conrasu, Gnoll, Goloma, Grippli, and Shisk. It will be followed by the Strength of Thousands adventure path, where you play students at the Magaambya magic academy in the Mwangi Expanse.

Paizo has announced Lost Omens: Mwangi Expanse for June 2021, a setting sourcebook which delves into an African-themed area of Golarion. At over 300 pages, the book also includes six new ancestries -- Anadi, Conrasu, Gnoll, Goloma, Grippli, and Shisk.

It will be followed by the Strength of Thousands adventure path, where you play students at the Magaambya magic academy in the Mwangi Expanse.

Screen Shot 2020-09-14 at 4.01.50 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-14 at 4.02.24 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-14 at 4.02.49 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-14 at 4.03.09 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-14 at 4.03.52 PM.png

marv

Explorer
Try again, after I adjusted my response once my frustration and anger at your post cooled down enough for me to see my keyboard again.
Jacob, Paizo especially with both its high quality and inclusiveness, has nothing to justify about its authors. They are , in the main, exceptional and in my opinion the best in the industry. I don’t believe there is any “response” you could give to that poster which would convince them of this. I wouldn’t put much effort into it. Your work speaks for itself.

TheSword

Legend
So looking forward to this book and that AP. This is an area of Golarion that really has only been explored well in Pathfinder Society scenarios. The new Lost Omens books are providing additional depth to their game world which was covered fairly well, albeit unevenly in their PF1 splat books. The move to the hardcover Lost Omens line allows for content to be placed in these books which just expands the lore even more. Campaigning in Golarion is getting a lot more background material which will allow for richer campaigns. Golarian is going to join Forgotten Realms for best campaign worlds.
The Serpents Skull AP is set largely in the Mwangi Expanse. It’s worth checking out. Our group completed it and it was a lot of fun.

Last edited:

Fergurg

Explorer
Wow. I'm not going to "justify" any author's credentials to some random person on the internet. Regardless of who they are or what the project is. You only get to know that the authors are the right people for the job because we felt that they were the right people for the job, so we hired them to write the book. If that's not good enough for you, there's plenty of other RPG books out there to spend your money on.
Firstly: you did give credentials by pointing out that they are POCs. So you not only would “justify” the credentials, but you already had.
Secondly, I’m not sure what angered you about wanting to know about what the authors bring to the table. Especially when “there’s too many white people in Paizo” didn’t phase you.
Thirdly, as a regular Paizo customer and someone who was excited to see this book, I am not just random guy; I am part of your fan base. You want me to buy your book, the hard part is done - getting me to care about Pathfinder and the Mwangi Expanse.
Finally, there have been too many products about “Totally Not Africa” done badly, by various skin tones. I would like something other than “he’s Black, so of course he knows Africa.” I wanted some hype, some reason to be excited about what the authors bring to the table in making a product that I wanted to see.

James Jacobs

Adventurer
Thirdly, as a regular Paizo customer and someone who was excited to see this book, I am not just random guy; I am part of your fan base. You want me to buy your book, the hard part is done - getting me to care about Pathfinder and the Mwangi Expanse.
As a regular Paizo customer, then I have to assume you enjoy our products and the writers we hire, and until we erode that assumption, you're safe to assume that we'll continue to produce products to the same level of quality that has made you a regular Paizo customer in the first place.

Jharet

Explorer
Gorgeous artwork. Nice to see Paizo continue to expand the coverage. I wish there were first edition releases for some of these, but most of the Lost Omens books are relatively light on the game mechanics comparatively speaking.

Remove ads

Remove ads