Pathfinder 2E Pathfinder 2E's African-inspired Sourcebook

Paizo has announced Lost Omens: Mwangi Expanse for June 2021, a setting sourcebook which delves into an African-themed area of Golarion. At over 300 pages, the book also includes six new ancestries -- Anadi, Conrasu, Gnoll, Goloma, Grippli, and Shisk. It will be followed by the Strength of Thousands adventure path, where you play students at the Magaambya magic academy in the Mwangi Expanse.

Paizo has announced Lost Omens: Mwangi Expanse for June 2021, a setting sourcebook which delves into an African-themed area of Golarion. At over 300 pages, the book also includes six new ancestries -- Anadi, Conrasu, Gnoll, Goloma, Grippli, and Shisk.

It will be followed by the Strength of Thousands adventure path, where you play students at the Magaambya magic academy in the Mwangi Expanse.

Screen Shot 2020-09-14 at 4.01.50 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-14 at 4.02.24 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-14 at 4.02.49 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-14 at 4.03.09 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-14 at 4.03.52 PM.png

imagineGod

Legend
Just when I thought it was safe to stop purchasing more Pathfinder 2e, I must get this book too. Hopefully, this completes my purchase cycle. There is only as so much expendable income, after all.

imagineGod

Legend
Lie seriously, how can anyone say no to this, despite living in an age of pandemic financial scarcity, this book is just too good to pass up and the new creatures and characters too cool not to include in a Pathfinder Campaign.

pathfinder2e_grandmother_spider.jpg

Jimmy Dick

Adventurer
So looking forward to this book and that AP. This is an area of Golarion that really has only been explored well in Pathfinder Society scenarios. The new Lost Omens books are providing additional depth to their game world which was covered fairly well, albeit unevenly in their PF1 splat books. The move to the hardcover Lost Omens line allows for content to be placed in these books which just expands the lore even more. Campaigning in Golarion is getting a lot more background material which will allow for richer campaigns. Golarian is going to join Forgotten Realms for best campaign worlds.

Retreater

Legend
Not to take anything away from this sourcebook and accompanying AP, but I wish they would produce something more typical for an Adventure Path than "you're running a circus," "you're a group of cops," "you're hosting a martial arts tournament," or "you're founding your own wizard college." Like, just give us a regular darned AP for PF2. Some of us haven't played every PF1 adventure path and some of my players would like more traditionally themed heroics. I'm afraid they're going to weird-ify the entire product line for PF2.

Remove ads

Remove ads