Pathfinder 2E Pathfinder's Mwangi Expanse Contents Page

Paizo has shared the contents page of its African-inspired setting book, The Mwangi Expanse, which was released yesterday. "South of a forbidding range of mountain peaks lies a land of boundless resources and untold opportunity. The Mwangi Expanse has been home to an untold diversity of cultures and peoples since time immemorial, hosting powerful, isolated city states that have often paid...

Paizo has shared the contents page of its African-inspired setting book, The Mwangi Expanse, which was released yesterday.

"South of a forbidding range of mountain peaks lies a land of boundless resources and untold opportunity. The Mwangi Expanse has been home to an untold diversity of cultures and peoples since time immemorial, hosting powerful, isolated city states that have often paid little attention to their neighbors. Yet the turning tides of fortune have begun to usher in changes that are rippling across the world. As a band of scholars from an ancient university venture north to aid a disaster-torn Avistan. A revolution-forged nation seeks powerful allies against foreign aggression. An undead god, once a symbol of hope to his declining nation, now grows jealous enough to turn on his self-proclaimed kin. Whether you are a diplomat seeking leverage from the most difficult of positions, a spy seeking the subtlest hint of danger from your surroundings, a guardian hoping to protect your home and people, or a warrior striking back at tyrants both native and foreign, this guide to the Mwangi Expanse offers you the ultimate resource to explore a realm of magic, monsters, and intrigue!"

mwangi3.png

mwangi.png
mwangi2.png

Paizo also mentions some early errata for the book --

We fixed the errors in the PDF versions but didn’t spot them in time to alter the printed books. Gripplis have the wrong ancestry bonuses in the printed copies. As a result, they lack the correct ability score boosts (Dexterity, Wisdom, and a Free boost, plus their Strength penalty). The ancestry also has a line noting “others probably assume [gripplis] are savage, simple-minded, or both.” It was meant as a note that such assumptions were flawed but didn’t convey enough context to be appropriate in any sense. Moreover, that language specifically violates our own guidelines on how we talk about people. Our developers and editors know to remove those words on sight to avoid situations like this. However, due to a process issue, this was flagged during production but not actually removed. We’ve instituted new procedures to prevent words like this from ever making it to print.

ngenius

Adventurer
This has been a long wait. Never had a specific sourcebook for this in the original Pathfinder, only an adventure Heart of the Jungle. Thank you all for making this possible. My pre-order arrives later in July.

MaskedGuy

Explorer
One of best setting books I have read :O I wasn't expecting about ten pages each on expanding lot of previously obscure lore on various people of Mwangi Expanse. Plus having 300 pages worth of content for single region really helps on fleshing it out and providing decent number of fleshed out npcs with interesting plot hooks.

This looks promising for setting / fluff. I skipped PF 2E after the play test book but good background stuff that can be adopted / used for other rules for an underutilized setting is always a good thing...

So far my biggest problem is I think the Anadi need more climbing bonuses in their spider-form. I know their Hybrid form basically ends up eliminating the flaws of the Spider form, but just not being flatfooted while climbing is still jarring for a literal giant spider.

I think I'm probably going to give them a climb speed of half their normal speed, rounding down (so that regular ones get 10 feet and those with the Spindly Legs feat get 15 feet). Then they can pick up the ancestry feat at 9th to get full climb speed.

Edit: Yeah, giving them a Climb Speed would cover the flat-footed part and give them a +4 on any climb rolls they'd need to make, which would basically be ideal for the Spider form given its drawbacks.

Last edited:

MaskedGuy

Explorer
So far my biggest problem is I think the Anadi need more climbing bonuses in their spider-form. I know their Hybrid form basically ends up eliminating the flaws of the Spider form, but just not being flatfooted while climbing is still jarring for a literal giant spider.

I think I'm probably going to give them a climb speed of half their normal speed, rounding down (so that regular ones get 10 feet and those with the Spindly Legs feat get 15 feet). Then they can pick up the ancestry feat at 9th to get full climb speed.

Edit: Yeah, giving them a Climb Speed would cover the flat-footed part and give them a +4 on any climb rolls they'd need to make, which would basically be ideal for the Spider form given its drawbacks.
From what I've heard, devs already put that one into errata log. I think what happened there is that writer put "can't use manipulate actions" and didn't realize how restricting that actually is(for among other things, it would mean anadi can't in their natural form open doors or cast spells. Which is silly because spider form IS their natural form and they obviously can use magic considering they developed way to shapeshift :p)

Zehnseiter

Adventurer

Well my biggest problem with the Anadi is that I have never heard about them until someone on rpg.net posted a rather cute picture of them....I missed out. I guess its time to change that and get the book. ;)

Remove ads

Remove ads