Pathfinder 1E Pathfinder Adventure Path: How Successful?

Have you subscribed to the Pathfinder Adventure Path (*not* the 3.75e ruleset)?

• I let my Dungeon and/or Dragon magazine subscription roll over to Pathfinder but did not renew it.

Votes: 39 18.1%
  • I subscribed later but let my subscription run out.

Votes: 13 6.0%
  • I subscribed later and am still subscribed.

Votes: 35 16.3%
  • I've been a subscriber from the beginning and still am.

Votes: 68 31.6%
  • I never subscribed/I don't know what this is.

Votes: 60 27.9%

JoeGKushner

First Post
Had a sub.

It moved over to the first AP.

I bought more up to... 12.

By that time, 4e was announced.

Hadn't run the first two, and while others sound awesome, I haven't finished running Shackled City (group disinitigration at 13th level), one of my friends ran Savage Tide and Age of Worms, and World's Largest Dungeon, and well, the group seems 'out' for 3.5.

Pathfinder may invigorate that desire mind you but thus far, hasn't. Enjoying 4e.

Still picking up some Piazo stuff though. The various 'classic monster books revisied' for example have a ton of great reading material. Perfect for the massive lack of details in 4e's standard methodology.

Need more options

I never subscribed but picked up every dragon for years, got on board dungeon with savage tide and never looked back, have every pathfinder ap I can find.

mevers

First Post
As others have said you need more options on your poll.

I subscribed to Dungeon and Dragon, rolled them over into a Pathfinder AP subscription. I kept it through the first 3 adventure paths, before letting it lapse (along with all my Pathfinder subscriptions) at the end of the third.

I never plan to ever run 3.5 again. 4th is the system for me (at least until 5th edition comes out), and I have more than enough 3.5 APs I can convert to 4th if I need to (SCAP, AoW, STAP, RotRL, CotCT, SD).

If they had of made the jump to 4th edition, I would still be a subscriber to everything they produce, but I can't justify that kind of money on content that doesn't take advantages of the system I choose to run. It's a shame too, because they really do make the best adventures on the market. I hope they get around to releasing some 4th ed material at some stage.

My impression from hanging out on their message boards has been that the APs are pretty much blowing their expectations out of the water. All announcements seem to be that sales are exceeding all expectation (I think the 1st AP is just about sold out). Combined with the new staff they seem to be regularly hiring, my suggestion is that Paizo as a company is going Gangbusters, with the success of the APs a large part of that.

EATherrian

First Post
I was a Dragon / Dungeon subscriber who morphed into Pathfinder and has also added the Pathfinder Companion and Chronicles subscriptions. I don't actually run the APs and don't plan to, but the extra Golarion info is worth the price. I did subscribe to DDI but unless I'm making a character I have no use for it. I haven't even enjoyed the few articles I read.

Jack99

Adventurer
I used to buy Dragon and Dungeon in my FLGS, and switched to a Pathfinder subscription when Rise of the Runelords started. I cancelled when 4e was announced and it became clear that Paizo did not intend to support the current edition of D&D anymore.

catsclaw227

First Post
If they had of made the jump to 4th edition, I would still be a subscriber to everything they produce, but I can't justify that kind of money on content that doesn't take advantages of the system I choose to run. It's a shame too, because they really do make the best adventures on the market. I hope they get around to releasing some 4th ed material at some stage.
Yup. They'd get me back as a major subscriber.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
I subscribed to Dragon long ago for many years but let that lapse before 3x. Got first sub to Dungeon about the time Paizo was taking over and that spilled over into first PF AP. Still subscribing and the quality of the APs and their other modules got me subscribing to 2 other product lines.

Keefe the Thief

Adventurer
I tried to like their adventure paths, and could see the awesome by taking a sneak peek into Shackled City. However, the crunch always put me off, and Age of Poorly Designed Encounters left a metallic taste in my mouth. I subscribed to DDI and never looked back since.
Will take a look at any 4e material Paizo is producing, though.

Dragonblade

Adventurer
I have subscribed to Dragon and Dungeon for almost 10 years from the advent of D&D 3e all the way to my present DDI subscription. All the 3e issues including both WotC's original management of the mags and Paizo's management were nice bathroom reading, but I never once used anything from the mags in actual play except for the occasional adventure.

I picked up the first Paizo Rise of the Runelords Adventure Path and thought it was so-so. I had to spend so much time fixing poorly edited stat blocks and rewriting the adventures to make them playable for my group that I cancelled my subscription. It was just too much work for the money.

Since 4e has proven to be such a fantastic system, and since Paizo has no 4e support, I have never regretted my decision.

The current DDI incarnations of Dragon and Dungeon are really fantastic and for the first time in almost 10 years, I find myself frequently using the content in my D&D games.

My only complaint is the PDF format. I would gladly pay for a print copy of the mags every month delivered to my mailbox.

crazy_cat

Adventurer
I was a Dungeon and Dragon subscriber - switched over to the Pathfinder AP as soon as it was announced as a 'Charter Subscriber'.

Loving the Pathfinder APs, and the Golarion setting material. Currently we play a hybrid and houeruled 3.5/Pathfinder game for our D&D fix. I expect we'll go fully Pathfinder (plus houserules) when the completed ruleset is released.

No interest in 4e or the DDI and haven't purchased anything from WOTC since 4e arrived on the scene - my total D&D spend now is with Paizo and older edition stuff from eBay.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases