Savage Pathfinder Pathfinder Adventure Paths Are Coming To Savage Worlds!

Pinnacle Entertainment Group has announced that it will be bringing Paizo's Pathfinder adventurer paths to Savage Worlds, starting with Rise of the Runelords. They will be launching a Kickstarter in January 2021. The Kickstarter includes a core ruleset called Savage Pathfinder, and a Rise of the Runelords boxed set. It’s Thanksgiving here in the United States. For our international...

Pinnacle Entertainment Group has announced that it will be bringing Paizo's Pathfinder adventurer paths to Savage Worlds, starting with Rise of the Runelords. They will be launching a Kickstarter in January 2021.

The Kickstarter includes a core ruleset called Savage Pathfinder, and a Rise of the Runelords boxed set.

127243145_3902632729770774_8928856243244391689_n.jpg

PRESS RELEASE

It’s Thanksgiving here in the United States. For our international friends, that’s a time when we come together as friends and family and tell everyone what we’re thankful for.

Today, Pinnacle Entertainment Group is INCREDIBLY thankful to our good friends at Paizo for letting us play in their amazing world of Golarion, setting of the phenomenally successful Pathfinder Roleplaying Game!

Following the incredible reception we had with Kevin Siembieda’s phenomenal world of Rifts®, we’re bringing Pathfinder’s fantastic Adventure Paths to the Savage Worlds™ system, starting with the best-selling Rise of the Runelords™!

The Kickstarter begins mid-January, 2021, and will feature the Savage Pathfinder core rules, a boxed set with all the usual Savage Worlds accessories, AND the Rise of the Runelords boxed set with all six books of the Adventure Path and other deluxe accessories!

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Noting that Tails of Equestria uses the same kind of die-scaling, but a different kind of "open end," one which preserves the superiority of the d8...
On the other hand, since they're committed to leveling up from d4 to d6 to d8 to d10 to d12 to d20, there's a bananas jump in the power curve going from d12 to d20.

Committing to the classic RPG dice/Platonic solids, without adding the weirdo Zocchi dice that Dungeon Crawl Classics adds in, just to be cheeky, is going to inherently have issues.

aramis erak

Legend
On the other hand, since they're committed to leveling up from d4 to d6 to d8 to d10 to d12 to d20, there's a bananas jump in the power curve going from d12 to d20.

Committing to the classic RPG dice/Platonic solids, without adding the weirdo Zocchi dice that Dungeon Crawl Classics adds in, just to be cheeky, is going to inherently have issues.
They also list Discord as having a strength of "d21½" ... (in the Bestiary)

vivsavage

Explorer
Interesting. I'm curious as to how the ruleset will handle classes, given that they are such an integral part of PF and that SW really doesn't have them (in the traditional sense; they do have Profession Edges which give skill bonuses).

5atbu

Explorer
It is not the Savage design philosophy to replicate another game system, so I expect you will not see 'classes' at all. It's not a class/level system; if you want that then play the adventure path with PF1e

Thomas Shey

Legend
It is not the Savage design philosophy to replicate another game system, so I expect you will not see 'classes' at all. It's not a class/level system; if you want that then play the adventure path with PF1e

Though I've seen at least one Savaged game that pretty much did try to emulate classes, and I gather Savage Rifts isn't entirely away from that mode.

Remove ads

Remove ads