• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Pathfinder "Complete" Books in the future?

kitsune9

Adventurer
Hello Gamers!

Does anyone know if Paizo will release their version of Complete Warrior/Divine/Arcane/Whatever that will add new core classes, races, feats, and stuff? Maybe Erik Mona can chime in?

Looking around to see upcoming products but didn't find anything aside from the GM screen and Bestiary.

Can't wait for my Pathfinder book!:D

I don't have any idea, but that would be great if they did.

That said, I'd wish that they'd make it less of a "grab bag" than the WotC ones. I'd like to see, instead of "complete wizard", the "shadow skull"...

...What I mean is that I think it would be really cool to see organization driven sourcebooks rather than "here are 20 different ways to play fighter prestige classes".

Give me fluff and crunch and maybe I could dm/play in a game where all the players are members of the shadow skull with the appropriate prestige classes, spells, etc that are unique to that organization.

Or rather than organization, it could be location driven. E.G. in the city of Cinnamon Alley exists the Shadow Skull, the Burning Flames of Tialla, and the Murgs. Divide the book into 5 sections: 1 about the city, 3 for each of the major factions, and 1 with conclusions/wrapup/index.

That'd be what I'd hope/prefer to see.

Dark Mistress

First Post
They haven't said what all they will make in this regard. All they have said is they plan to make 3-4 rulebooks a year with at least one of them being a monster book. Beyond that anyones guess is as good as anyone elses.

Aber, IME the problem with such a book is it isn't focused on player or DM. If there's a lot of info about the city and the factions then either the PCs shouldn't read it or it lacks plot hooks and juicy stuff for the DM to incorporate it into his game.

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
I hope not.

I already have enough splats to last forever (not to mention the abundance of 3pp stuff).

They made the core book to have something in print.

I like the fact that they cleaned up some things, but I hope they use the AD&D model. Few rulebooks, lots of adventures.

Erekose

Eternal Champion
I hope not.

I already have enough splats to last forever (not to mention the abundance of 3pp stuff).

They made the core book to have something in print.

I like the fact that they cleaned up some things, but I hope they use the AD&D model. Few rulebooks, lots of adventures.

I hope this is true :D but live in fear it will not be :uhoh:

Twowolves

Explorer
IIRC, they have already said they are extremely leary of rules bloat/power creep, and this was in response to their announcement of the next 4 "base classes" that they are announcing Saturday at Gen Con. They have also announced a "DM's Guide" sorta book for next February, but it is definately NOT a 3rd "core" book (it's not a DMG, but more of a "3rd ed DMG2-like" book of advice and such).

There are 3rd party ("4th party"?) books announced that WILL have PRPG versions of classes like the Marshal and the Warlock, but they are not from Paizo.

From everything I've seen, I do not think Paizo intends to do the "Complete XX" treadmill schtick. They seem to be content to publish adventures and support material for their setting, rather than a ton of rulebooks, except monster books (and since they put a half dozen new monsters out per month via their APs, even this is more compilation than expansion, IMO).

kitsune9

Adventurer
I don't have any idea, but that would be great if they did.

That said, I'd wish that they'd make it less of a "grab bag" than the WotC ones. I'd like to see, instead of "complete wizard", the "shadow skull"...

...What I mean is that I think it would be really cool to see organization driven sourcebooks rather than "here are 20 different ways to play fighter prestige classes".

Give me fluff and crunch and maybe I could dm/play in a game where all the players are members of the shadow skull with the appropriate prestige classes, spells, etc that are unique to that organization.

Or rather than organization, it could be location driven. E.G. in the city of Cinnamon Alley exists the Shadow Skull, the Burning Flames of Tialla, and the Murgs. Divide the book into 5 sections: 1 about the city, 3 for each of the major factions, and 1 with conclusions/wrapup/index.

That'd be what I'd hope/prefer to see.

Cool idea. I can dig an organization book complete with location, settings, prc's (or maybe a core class), magic, equipment, and related crunch.

kitsune9

Adventurer
Okay, it would seem a few folks are against the splatbook treadmill. I'm okay with that, maybe some 3pp will take the license and do something like that and put it up on RPG Now. Of course, I do hope that Paizo comes out with more monster manuals though. Can never have too many monsters!

Happy Gaming!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads