• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Pathfinder First Print Run Sold Out

Sammael

Adventurer
A preview booklet would be fantastic.

Incidentally, with all the talk about minis, what are the chances of a pre-painted plastic line of Pathfinder minis?

We have most of the monsters in the Bestiary on one page, and even with the stat block and a nicely sized piece of art... I was actually quite pleased and a little surprised at how much flavor we were able to get in for the 350+ monsters in the book.

We're working on a preview of the book right now, actually. Hopefully it'll be available by the time we get to Gen Con. (It's going to be a free PDF of about 20 monsters, skewed heavilly toward the monsters that appear in the first PFRPG adventure path installment of "Bastards of Erebus" and to monsters you can summon or turn into if you're a druid or conjurer or whatever).
Cool free stuff :)

A preview booklet would be fantastic.

Incidentally, with all the talk about minis, what are the chances of a pre-painted plastic line of Pathfinder minis?
Hell yes!

ProfessorCirno

Banned
Banned
We have most of the monsters in the Bestiary on one page, and even with the stat block and a nicely sized piece of art... I was actually quite pleased and a little surprised at how much flavor we were able to get in for the 350+ monsters in the book.

You know exactly what I want to hear :p

James Jacobs

Adventurer

Slim.

Of course... if someone had asked me this question a month ago, I would have said none.

AKA: with each developing day, I am more and more convinced that things like pre-painted plastic minis (and video games, and movies, and LARPs, and genetically-engineered for-real goblin dogs) are more and more possible.

So! Stay tuned!

AKA: with each developing day, I am more and more convinced that things like pre-painted plastic minis (and video games, and movies, and LARPs, and genetically-engineered for-real goblin dogs) are more and more possible.

So! Stay tuned!
That's so cool!

My dream has come true!
gobdog.jpg

;)

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
The videogame idea kind of excites me. Because D&D's fortunes are mired in with Atari for the forseeable future AFAIK, a Pathfinder game might be the best chance we have at seeing a really awesome turn-based non-Japanese fantasy sword-fighting dragon-slaying adventure thing within the next decade! That would be hell of awesome.

It's keen that you guys sold out of your first print run. There's obviously real demand out there, and you don't have the weight of the D&D brand name to sell books for you, so that's doubly impressing. Pathfinder has it's own weight behind it!

Hope you can keep the steam up! In this industry, that is very hard without the edition treadmill. But maybe you'll use the edition treadmill? Whatever, that's 8 years in the future, for now, thumbsup, dudes.

my plans as well.

I think you should then stand towards the front of the (rapidly growing) queue and loudly declaim things such as...

"Healing surges- What a great idea.."
"Phew they got rid of that terrible 'Vancian casting' rubbish..."
"Supernatural powers for fighters? Right on!...."
"Just three Ability score types? Excellent, that sacred cow has been ripe for slaughter..."
"These new Wizard healing spells are 'de bomb'..."

While reading through the book, imagine the fun you could have :p

Remove ads