• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Pathfinder First Print Run Sold Out

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
Yeah.. I learned that after I got into them really. As for the strategy part, that is why I started a Nid army. As for the painting... well, I went quite a bit more detailed than the normal metallic color. Check them out!

They say that Truth is an absolute defense, and that is a truly fine looking Necron army.

/hat tip

YourSwordIsMine

First Post
Yeah.. I learned that after I got into them really. As for the strategy part, that is why I started a Nid army. As for the painting... well, I went quite a bit more detailed than the normal metallic color. Check them out!

Jason Bulmahn
Lead Designer
Paizo Publishing

Nice Necrons man. dont see many with non-metallics like that. The red looks really nice on them.

Jason Bulmahn

Adventurer
Nice Necrons man. dont see many with non-metallics like that. The red looks really nice on them.

Thank you sir. The red plates are coated in a gloss varnish to really make them pop. Its a nice effect, even if it does leave them looking a bit like sports cars. Here is the blog post with the entire army. I have since added some wraiths, flayed ones.. and I am working on something a bit umm.. bigger.

Jason Bulmahn
Lead Threadjacker
Paizo Publishing

Last edited:

Papa-DRB

First Post
4 new base classes for Pathfinder

My guesses:

Warlock (check)
Swashbuckler (check)
Blackguard - They have said many times on the Paizo boards that it deserves to be a base clase.
Other - Not sure. I don't think Assassin. Perhaps Scout.

My guesses: Warlock, Swashbuckler, Scout and Assassin..why? 'cos that's what I want to see ;)

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
My guesses:

Warlock (check)
Swashbuckler (check)
Blackguard - They have said many times on the Paizo boards that it deserves to be a base clase.
Other - Not sure. I don't think Assassin. Perhaps Scout.
You know, warlock and swashbuckler make a lot of sense, but I kind of hope not. Adamant is already doing those (along with the artificer, knight, priest, shaman, spellblade, and warlord), and I hope that Paizo takes a more OGL-friendly rather than do-it-themselves attitude. Unless they have a good reason for redoing something, of course. Either way, though, I expect the work to be great!

And congrats on selling out the print run!

Erik Mona

Adventurer
Eh... well, I'm categorically opposed to the proliferation of core classes, so I can't say I'm exactly excited by this.

Sorry. Should have said _base_ classes, not "core" classes. To a lot of people that means the same thing, but they aren't quite the same thing. Core implies "part of the core game," or "these classes are more or less common." That's not what we're doing.

We are, however, fleshing out a handful of additional conceptual and mechanical base class niches for an upcoming, unannounced product.

I will say that most members of the editorial staff are skeptical about class bloat, so we are walking gingerly and planning responsibly. Or trying to, anyway! :)

--Erik

Erik Mona

Adventurer
We'll announce the book and classes at the Pathfinder RPG Q & A seminar at 5:00 PM on Saturday, August 15th at Gen Con Indy. The seminar will be held in the Marriot Indiana Ballroom F.

--Erik

Beckett

Explorer
Here's a tidbit unrevealed elsewhere.

We decided the next four core classes for Pathfinder today. As in the whole staff agreed on the conceptual and mechanical niches and we've officially green-lit development.

And we'll announce which ones at Gen Con!

--Erik

Although I'm not interested in Pathfinder, I do think it's pretty cool that you guys are looking at expanding the game rather than just leave it as a revamp of 3.5. Also, congrats on your impending success!

Sammael

Adventurer
Sorry. Should have said _base_ classes, not "core" classes. To a lot of people that means the same thing, but they aren't quite the same thing. Core implies "part of the core game," or "these classes are more or less common." That's not what we're doing.

We are, however, fleshing out a handful of additional conceptual and mechanical base class niches for an upcoming, unannounced product.

I will say that most members of the editorial staff are skeptical about class bloat, so we are walking gingerly and planning responsibly. Or trying to, anyway! :)

--Erik
Well, as long as you make the other base classes flexible enough for me to transform into feats/class features for my 8 base classes (bard, champion, cleric, druid, fighter, mage, ranger, rogue), I'll buy the additional books anyway. :cool:

One book that can't come soon enough for me is the bestiary. The art that's been previewed so far is absolutely fantastic, and I hope there will be fluff aplenty.

James Jacobs

Adventurer
One book that can't come soon enough for me is the bestiary. The art that's been previewed so far is absolutely fantastic, and I hope there will be fluff aplenty.

We have most of the monsters in the Bestiary on one page, and even with the stat block and a nicely sized piece of art... I was actually quite pleased and a little surprised at how much flavor we were able to get in for the 350+ monsters in the book.

We're working on a preview of the book right now, actually. Hopefully it'll be available by the time we get to Gen Con. (It's going to be a free PDF of about 20 monsters, skewed heavilly toward the monsters that appear in the first PFRPG adventure path installment of "Bastards of Erebus" and to monsters you can summon or turn into if you're a druid or conjurer or whatever).

Remove ads