Paizo Pathfinder Kingmaker Comes to Xbox & PS4 on August 18th

Pathfinder: Kingmaker is coming to PS4 and Xbox One on August 18 with both real-time combat and a turn-based mode Here's the announcement trailer.

There will also be a turn based patch for the PC version.

"Pathfinder: Kingmaker – Definitive Edition is the ultimate single-player RPG experience based on the acclaimed Pathfinder series. Explore and conquer with your party the Stolen Lands of Golarion, a world rich with history, mystery and conflict featuring real-time combat or optional turn-based fights. The Definitive Edition includes the base game, new features plus 6 DLCs."

TheSword

Legend
So anyone know how they are integrating the Kingdom building with the rts dungeon crawling? Looks interesting

It’s a great game. You have kingdom events that you resolve each time you return to your throne room, that affect your kingdom stats negatively or positively depending on how you do with them. You also build settlements to increase your stats with buildings. It works very well.

Hoffmand

Explorer
Kingmaker is the best thing that ever happened
for pathfinder. I want to play this video game. Reminds be of the d&d companion rules for mystara, just more streamlined.

Bagpuss

Legend
I got Pathfinder Kingmaker via Steam for my iMac and eventually had to stop less than 10% into it because it was so crashy. I really hope they've raised the bar on reliability.

Was that when it first came out? I got it in a sale a little while ago and had no issues even on my low performance PC.

TheSword

Legend
It’s been out for just under 2 years. I just say I got it 6 months in and never experienced the bugs people were complaining about early on.

Retreater

Legend
I don't trust computer gaming. People's experiences vary too widely based on their setup. I'll see if the console ports are buggy and how well the gameplay translates.

TheSword

Legend
To be clear, while the feats and abilities are all the same, enemies are not. They have dramatically more hp and much higher saves than their TTRPG equivalents. Experience is also much less. Probably because the game would be far to easy and fast if it had a similar number of encounters to the actual AP. Give it a go.

Kaodi

Hero
This is big news is they were able to bring it to console. Bigger news, I would say, than their Wrath of the Righteous follow-up. Means the fancy suits have taken a look at it and seen the value, right?

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases