• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Pathfinderized Artificer a la Steampunk

Glade Riven

Adventurer
If it's broke, don't use it. Granted, one could say that of the original Artificer...give him a minute to buff before a battle is dangerous, and the application of metamagic feats to magical items = master blaster. Just make sure you houserule he can only apply a single metamagic feat by spending extra charges - I nuked a forgotten realms Dracolich-of-doom by one-shot. Took half the charges in the staff to cast Disintegrate x4, but worth it. So, so worth it for the look on the DM's face.

Still, best bet is probably to reflavor the Alchemist's concoctions to infusions...the Alchemist is pretty much Paizo's answer to the Artificer.

Luna_Silvertear

First Post
If it's broke, don't use it. Granted, one could say that of the original Artificer...give him a minute to buff before a battle is dangerous, and the application of metamagic feats to magical items = master blaster. Just make sure you houserule he can only apply a single metamagic feat by spending extra charges - I nuked a forgotten realms Dracolich-of-doom by one-shot. Took half the charges in the staff to cast Disintegrate x4, but worth it. So, so worth it for the look on the DM's face.

Still, best bet is probably to reflavor the Alchemist's concoctions to infusions...the Alchemist is pretty much Paizo's answer to the Artificer.

They're not THAT broken...well, this reminds me of the last Eberron Campaign I played in. Xoriat had aligned with Eberron and the party helped the Gatekeepers. We had beaten them back to the gate, but it looked like we were going to lose. I grabbed our Wizard's Staff of the Magi, Maximized it and jumped into the gate, expending all the charges at once...needless to say...boom. The world was saved. I didn't get any XP though. Bummer...Anyway, I have a few changes made to the Artificer from Eberron...A few new skills to the skill list, a new feat...and I think the ability to rebuke constructs 1/day as a cleric of their class level...what do you think?

1Mac

First Post
I don't believe Ultimate Magic has an artificer archetype. This book, from Super Genius Games, does. I haven't had a chance to check out what they call "spagyric devices" yet, but they sound perfect for converting the alchemist into a steampunk-ish artificer.

Ranger Traps from Ultimate Magic also seem like something that would fit the steam artificer concept with just a little tweaking.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads