Paths of Legend: Paths of Madness (IC)

ethandrew

First Post
"And neither can I, hence the light. I'm itching to get out of this death trap, so can we go now please?" Seventeen looks at the rotted body lying unceremoniously on the ground. He grabs a stun-stick, just in case. While not overtly martial, he realized that it's always nice to have a weapon between you and an enemy.

Shayuri

First Post
Shard shrinks back away from Dace, then cautiously peers after the minotaur as he starts hunkering down into the passage. Shaking her head ruefully, she puts the gem she took up to her forehead, where it latches on and stays affixed.

"No boots," she whispers timidly. She then looks up.

"There was a ghost, wasn't there? Is he free now?"

Last edited:

Rathan

First Post
[sblock=Shayuri] I had snagged both the sickles and tossed the collar the Evan(Jemal) to look over..... not sure if you had caught that or not....[/sblock]

pneumatik

The 8th Evil Sage
[sblock=Xoan has shock-sticks]Xoan grabbed all the shock-sticks that no-one else grabbed. I think that leaves him with three. He's holding one. The rest should be hanging from the belt he grabbed from one of the dead guards.[/sblock]

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
OOC: Evan and Seventeen both have stun sticks, leaving Xoan with the remaining two for the moment.

Bree rejoins the group, clamoring down the hole leading into the oubliette.

Evan senses magic within the collar and recognizes its function. The collar magically enhances the natural attacks (claws, bites, etc) of any creature wearing it.

OOC: The collar is a necklace of natural weapons +1.

Dace finds the tunnel a tight fit for about 50 feet, but then the tunnel widens up allowing him to walk normally. The tunnel descends sharply, going deeper into the ground.

Seventeen's light reveals the walls and floor to be damp and slick with water filtering down from above, likely from one of the city's aqueducts. Dace's innate sense of direction tells him that the group is headed north.

The tunnel opens up into a cavern, partially natural, partially excavated as part of a now abandoned mine complex. Several mine shafts exit off the chamber, one continuing north, three heading off to the east, and two to the west.

Myth and Legend

First Post
Dace was glad to have wide space around him once more. These tunnels reminded him of his youth in the Abjurer's Labyrinth - not necessarily the best memories to have, but still somewhat romantic. They were childhood memories after all. Dace looked around, sniffed the air and felt the edge of his axe. "Hmmmmprh." the Minotaur grunted, trying to figure out where the exit was.

[sblock] Any checks necessary? Minotaurs can never be lost, gain Track as a bonus feat (must put in the RG if you allow it as i had missed it) and automatic success on Track checks for getting lost. Soooo... Is Dace lost or isn't the :) [/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
Knowing the direction, the duergar leads to the correct opening; or if doesn't know, he'll wait until the gnome takes a direction and follow him.

Shayuri

First Post
Shard looked around as she emerged into the chamber behind the others. Her eyes widened as she took in the strange stillness of that underground room.

"It's big down here," she murmurs. "Bigger than I thought. Which way do we go now?"

pneumatik

The 8th Evil Sage
Xoan keeps his distance from the more frightening party members - Dace and duergar, at a minimum. Instead, he heads over to 17. "So, you have any idea where we are? It looks like we're in some old cavern or dungeon or something. You think the Red Wizards know about it? Maybe they keep out because of all the monsters down here. Besides us, I mean."

As the party pauses in the cavern, Xoan extends his senses in search of hostile minds. (Detect Hostile Intent only reaches 30 feet, but he'll try it anyway.)

Xoan is 5'6" human with two shock sticks.
[sblock=Xoan's condition]Initial Armor: +7 armor bonus to AC for 7 hours from the end of the last fight.
Detect hostile intent: 30ft radius for 1 hour from the end of the last fight.
Remaining PP: 23[/sblock]

Remove ads