Paths of Legend: Paths of Madness (IC)

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
Shard focuses inward, trying to figure out where her psicrystal is. The crystal conveys darkness, with a light approaching, a massive humanoid shape with a bull's head visible in the light with other shapes behind it.

Within the oubliette, Shard, with the help of the psicrystal, finds a small pile of items stashed in a corner. In addition to the psicrystal, there is a massive greataxe, much too big for a human, but just right for a minotaur, a pair of halfling sized sickles, and something resembling a leather animal collar.

The light reveals a narrow tunnel leading off from the oubliette. Although big enough for a human to walk through, Dace will have to squeeze through.

OOC: The items are...

A +1 Large Greataxe
Two +1 Small Sickles

And the collar which will require a Knowledge (Arcana) check or magical means to ID.

I'll also want to know who is carrying the stun sticks.

Myth and Legend

First Post
When the skinny, feeble looking human female pointed the group to what seemed to be a stash of items, Dace was overjoyed to find a very good axe in amongst the other things. Well, he did not actually "find" it, rather, it was the last thing left on the floor after the tiny vermin rummaged around the site. Apparently no one was strong enough to wield the axe. Apart form Dace, that is. "Hurmph! It are good axe! - grunted the Minotaur. - Better than Dace axe! Has sharper edge."

The monster examined the weapon with much interest, and was so consumed by the item he grinned and did not pay heed to the others around him for some time. After a while the Minotaur remarked with excitement: "It ARE Dace axe! But better! Some Wizrard make it better...?" He said the last part with confusion.

Well Dace was happy to have a means of killing things more effectively once more, not that his hands were not good enoguh mind you, but spilling some blood and guts on the floor always made a fight more enjoyable.

Vertexx69

First Post
Ma’haretek: AC 16, HP 24/24, Saves - F4/R2/W2, Spot +12

Knowledge Arcana=9

"Hmm why is my magic metal skin not here, nobody else in this city has 6 arms do they? Oh well, let us go. Darkness is better, yes good hunting in the darkness." The bug moves on looking for the way down, while people pick through the small pile of gear. He peers into the darkness from the outer edge of the various light spells and torch lit area.

Rathan

First Post
Dremis examines the collar to see if his adept ability at using magical devices would help him identify this items at hands them picks up the two sickles and places them on his belt as he sees no one else they would be of use for as he's really the only small one in the 'alliance'....

[sblock=Use Magic Device Check on the Collar]1d20+7=20[/sblock]

Jemal

Adventurer
"What's that?" Butler moves to Dremis, his eyes glowing as he too studies the collar.
"Well, while this little treasure trove has certainly given us a bit of an advantage, we've still stuck around far too long." He gestures to the corridor as everyone divies the 'loot' and he brings up the rear.

[sblock=ooc]
Know: Arcana (1d20+8=23) Plus detect magic, if it makes any difference.

Evan has one of the stun sticks, btw, the same one he got off the guard in his cell. He doesn't intend to let go of it unless he finds something better.[/sblock]

Rathan

First Post
Not a clue.. it's not mine though..... here... he says as he tosses it up to Evan with a slight flick of the wrist not interested in keeping something that looks so invaluable.....

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - Are we all down there now? I...must have missed that. Ok.)

From the collected pile of refuse that the wizards discarded at the bottom of the Oubliette, a small square-cut gem tumbles out. A moment later, it grows tiny, spidery "limbs" of faintly glowing mist and scuttles to Shard. She scoops it up with a delighted sigh.

"Okay," she reports, looking much more relaxed now. "We can go. There's a passage through there, but the cow-man is a little big for it."

Myth and Legend

First Post
Dace turned around abruptly with a maddened flare in his eyes. "COW MAN?! Dace no COW! He Minotaur! Stupid human!"

If a bovine face could sulk that is what it would look like, as Dace reluctantly turned back towards the hole and attempted to squeeze trough. Fortunately for him, he had spent time in the Arena wrestling with other strong beasts, and escaping from the grip of a Hill Giant was much harder than squeezing trough a simple hole.

[sblock] Escape Artist: Take 10+5=15 :) [/sblock]

Jemal

Adventurer
"Easy there big fella, not everybody knows yer type, lets just give the lady a chance." When the minotaur isn't looking, Evan allows himself to grin, but does his best not to laugh.

[sblock=ooc]
Must.. resist.. cowboy jokes..
Anyways, to myth: tight spaces don't allways require escape artist checks - they usually just slow your movement and give you penalties (See squeezing in the phb: pg 148/149). You don't need the escape artist check unless you try squeezing into a space LESS than half your size, which would mean a tight fit for all of us.
[/sblock]

pneumatik

The 8th Evil Sage
Xoan squints as he looks down into the oubliette. "Are there any boots down in that stash?" he asks. "If there are, they're mine. I mean, I had them before I got captured. Well, I had a pair of magic boots before I was captured, and if we find them I'd like them back."

Xoan mills around the top oubliette, waiting for some space to open up as people escape out the tiny hole. "Thanks for making the light, 17. I don't know about anyone else here, but I can't see in the dark."

[sblock=Xoan's condition]Initial Armor: +7 armor bonus to AC for 7 hours.
Detect hostile intent: 30ft radius for 1 hour
Remaining PP: 23[/sblock]

Remove ads