Paths of Legend: Paths of Madness (IC)

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
The group is able to collect four stun sticks from the fallen guards, though their armor is ruined.

OOC: Stun Sticks function as +1 shock clubs that can deal lethal or non-lethal damage (wielder's choice). It will be up to you to decide who gets the stun sticks.

Grellus, Varon, Steise, and Bree tell the rest of the group that they will head upstairs and try to retrieve the gear.

The key to the cells also opens the oubliette. As soon as the trap door is opened a shadowy form flies out and up, shrieking all the way, a fetid corpse dropping to the floor below.

The smell of rotted corpses left too long in a damp place wafts up from the oubliette but those with darkvision can just make out a tunnel at the far end of the chamber.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Apparently undisturbed by the fetid smell of rotten flesh, the duergar gets himself into the oubliette and points towards the tunnel. "There it is, hurry."

Shayuri

First Post
Shard hesitates, at loath to leave behind the fragment of herself buried in a beautiful little trinket that's somewhere...out there...

"Wait...hold on just a second..." She concentrates harder.

(Psicrystal Spot: 19)
Roll Lookup

Myth and Legend

First Post
Dace's eyes were keen and pierced the darkness in the oubliette easily. Unfortunately for him though, his superb sense of smell, that could track enemies and reveal ambushes, now brought the full power of the stench of decaying flesh upon the Minotaur. The monster exhaled with disgust and moved towards the slender human girl.

He looked at her thin form in the tattered and dirty white dress, and her pale skin and white hair almost made him think of her as a child. "You skinny, move now. Follow Dace if afraid from dark."

Rathan

First Post
Dremis shrugged and moved to scurry between the legs of the minotaur and get just a bit ahead of him through the passage of the oubliette... he wasn't stupid.. he stuff would have to wait till he was more prepared to fetch them... for now his neck would avoid the noose and the bells.....

anyone got light?.... I can't see in the pitch darkness..... Dremis chuckled out in a still merry voice....

ethandrew

First Post
Seventeen's face brightens, he had been unusually silent for himself, but as he didn't really need his gear, sad as that was, he figured he'd let the others figure things out. It really did make him sad though, to know that he was here, in Thay, knowing he could disappear at any moment and no one would know.

"Ah! Light I have. My usefulness is at hand. Behold!" He grabs a piece of lint of his clothes and holds it out in his hand. "Poof," he whispers and at once the lint flares up in his hand like a torch. "There you are my little law-breaker, light," he pinches the lit lint in his fingers, offering it down to the halfling.

Jemal

Adventurer
"I'll bring up the rear. If any guards come, the rest of you just keep going, I'll be able to handle them so long as nobody gets in my way - likely to be cramped down here." Evan smacks the club into his hand and follows those who are leaving.

Myth and Legend

First Post
When the tiny half-man scurried between the Mintoaur's legs the monster grinned and laughed out loud. "HARR you funny! Dace can see in dark - him not let you step in bad meat on floor."

He then turned towards the human in the rear and grunted: "You fight good? When guards came for Dace they not so good. But Wiz...rard - him very good! You can beat Wizrard?" He then paused for a moment and mumbled, "Dace not beat Wizrard..." with a disappointed expression on his face.

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
Evan looked up at Dace "It's what I was born to do. It's why I was put in here - because I killed wizards. But there were too many of them, even for me."
He smiled and smacked his club against the wall with a spark and grins at Dace, simplifying things "Wizards squishie. I like squishing wizards. Dace and Evan squish wizards together?" He extends his other hand to the minotaur, eager to make allies with his largest companion.

Remove ads